Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Help with building my own PC?

ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Someone should start a company where you can ship them the psu and tell them all the wires measurements you want and they will redo them all, also offer any size sata cables would be nice, I needed some short ones for my server since the raid card was only about 3" from the hdd's, found some HP 10" ones but even shorter would be nice.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #62
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Well, it is better...slightly.

Unfortunately, when you buy a windowed case you are basically inviting people to look at the guts and you're obligated to make them pretty- otherwise, what's the point?

I wish I could turn my ex-coworker Eric loose on that- he was an absolute genius at wiring with stock components and even his "standard" builds were works of art. Over the years he had developed several techniques to deal with the overly long/unused cables that are part and parcel of an unmodified build and he prided himself on using a minimum of zip ties. A real Zen master of PC assembly.

I think it's weird that casemakers have jumped on the window fad but make no effort to dress up the interior. Nothing like looking into the case and seeing a bunch of plain, grey finish steel, is there? Kind of like popping the hood on a Ferrari and seeing a Ford four-banger engine.

Somewhat ironically, I've now spent almost three days rewiring Sprocket's new home and it doesn't have a window...I'm the only one who'll know.
    Call his ass up and get him to write a tutorial then or even some tips and tricks man.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan20021982 View Post
    Someone should start a company where you can ship them the psu and tell them all the wires measurements you want and they will redo them all, also offer any size sata cables would be nice, I needed some short ones for my server since the raid card was only about 3" from the hdd's, found some HP 10" ones but even shorter would be nice.

Performance PC's does something similar they will sleeve anything mostly for free with many choices of color. It neatens things up quite a bit

Nice looking build. A little messy with the wiring but it looks nice. It reminds me of my Antec build last year it makes me all nostalgic and stuff
    Last edited by Detale; 12-08-2008 at 11:44 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567