Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Us Policy Spawns World Terrorist Force.

MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Pope Urban II was the one who ordered the first Crusade. Although, without the pleas from Emperor Alexius I Comnenus (of the Byzantine Empire), it may not have occurred. Of course it goes on for a bit, as crusades are wont to do, and eventually was deemed a success, as Jerusalem was indeed captured.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Originally posted by MagicNakor
    Pope Urban II was the one who ordered the first Crusade.  Although, without the pleas from Emperor Alexius I Comnenus (of the Byzantine Empire), it may not have occurred. Of course it goes on for a bit, as crusades are wont to do, and eventually was deemed a success, as Jerusalem was indeed captured.
    I cant see any connection between the article, this thread and the crusades.

I guess its because I disagree with you on the premise that the crusades are the root of todays problems with Islamic terrorism. I dont think we need to go back any further than 2 hundred years at an absolute maximum to understand that issue.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by echidna@8 September 2003 - 16:26
    they hate you because of the death and poverty your nation has brought to so much of the earth in the last half century
    so everyone should hate europe for doing the same for hundreds of years?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Originally posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot
    so everyone should hate europe for doing the same for hundreds of years?
    Well they do actually. Europe is just as much of a target as the US is. No one is saying they should they are just saying they do.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    you know, i'm not trying to piss people off or anything, but shouldn't people really open their eyes? instead of saying "damn americans building macdonalds everywhere in the world now", shouldn't they be more worried about things like in africa, were they rape BABIES because the think having sex with a virgin will cure their AIDS.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    lynx's Avatar .
    Some might say perhaps americans should worry about conditions in Africa, instead of building McDonald's all over the world.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    @HMP

As I understand it.. for them its not about the US building McDonalds everywhere. Its about the US supporting Gvts in their countries which oppress them, US support for Israel etc.

e.g The US sold Saddam Hussein poison gas in the 1980's knowing full well what kind of 'man' he was.

Also look into what the CIA did in Iran in the 1950s and you'll see that this is about much more serious stuff than McDonalds.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Poster
    I agree Evilbagpuss.

But I also don't believe 'America' is building McDonalds all over. Individual American Citizens may be.......but this is not funded in any way by the American Tax Dollars.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Neverose@8 September 2003 - 21:13
    I agree Evilbagpuss.

But I also don't believe 'America' is building McDonalds all over. Individual American Citizens may be.......but this is not funded in any way by the American Tax Dollars.
    I guess you missed the last meeting Neverose.

Individual American Citizens are just a front for the CIA.

What better way to pass secret information than in the lettuce of a Big Mac?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Poster
    At the end of the day every one seeks to be left alone to live there own lives, there are only 2 problems in this whole mess that would stop every thing if solved, 1. Israel 2. American Military bases in the mid east (i know they where invited to come)
    Ask any Hardcore muslim he will tell you the only reason "extremists" (wrong term) get support is because of the fact America and Britain keep giving weapons to Israel, and money, the media and politicians are biased and most muslim youths feel they have no voices so are futher pushed to people like Osama bin ladin, where the youths believe he listens and relates to them. i mean come on look at the news even i am sickened by it, so imagine what the muslims feel, a bus of Israeli's blown up is a shocking disgusting tragedy, an entire building of palestinian civilains blown up all you hear from the news is "eh, a couple of pali's dead... no big deal aslong as the Israeli's werent hurt" (news report may have been exagerated by me) this has nothing to do with hundreds of years back, its about now, be fair in the israeli = palestinian situation, stop getting involved with mid-east business and most likely we'd be left alone, the biggest example is Iran, Iran hasnt done anything to America, they pose no threat, they fund Hizbullah who are military and only target Military troops, and yet America and Britian insist on calling them a Terrorist nation and accuse them of being in legue with Al qaida and stuff, i mean for god's sake there shi'ite Muslims, Al Qaida kills shi'ite muslims they wouldnt enter Iran even if they had to

so in summary, live and let live, America stops building macdonalds everywhere, Mid-easterns stop throwing camel bombs at us and lets carry on with living in peace, (fat chance)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast