Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Truth Behind Windows 7

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Windows 7 beta 1 is released.

Has anyone tried it yet?

2. News (Archive)   -   #12
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    gonna install it tomorrow on VMWare. I'll leave some feedback soon.

3. News (Archive)   -   #13
    I fine with my XP, and don't like Vista, but is Windows 7 look like it is gonna be slow and crappy?

4. News (Archive)   -   #14
    Red pirate's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by AWESOMENess View Post
    I fine with my XP, and don't like Vista, but is Windows 7 look like it is gonna be slow and crappy?
    No bro windows 7 is much faster and smoother than vista ...

5. News (Archive)   -   #15
    222MHz's Avatar Poster
    Only the MythBusters have successfully polished shit.

6. News (Archive)   -   #16
    pureheart's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I'd rather stick to XP than throwing my PC into an unstable OS until they develop another reliable one...
    Stand up for what you believe is right even if you're standing alone..

7. News (Archive)   -   #17
    I'm on the XP bandwagon myself, XP is very mature, has a lot of drivers and simply it can do all the basic tasks that and OS need to do and then some, it has proven speed and reliability. Vista is simply not the OS to replace XP with, XP can't be around forever but the OS to replace it have to be much better and I hope that Windows 7 is that OS. M$ business practices arent the most customer friendly but I think it is about time they make a good updated OS.

8. News (Archive)   -   #18
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    I installed it by using the "upgrade" feature (which only works if you have vista + SP1). I must say it sucks, handles very sluggish on my computer for some reason. I hope there's a way to revert it back to vista without needing to reformat. If there is let me know asap!

9. News (Archive)   -   #19
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulEdge01 View Post
    I'm on the XP bandwagon myself, XP is very mature, has a lot of drivers and simply it can do all the basic tasks that and OS need to do and then some, it has proven speed and reliability. Vista is simply not the OS to replace XP with, XP can't be around forever but the OS to replace it have to be much better and I hope that Windows 7 is that OS. M$ business practices arent the most customer friendly but I think it is about time they make a good updated OS.
    If you don't like vista you'll hate windows7 even more.

10. News (Archive)   -   #20
    I agree that Vista was half-assed, and the anti-competitive nature of the market meant that even when Vista failed to live up to the expectations of many users, it still reeled in profits. This is suspicious, as it should be. A capitalist economy shouldn't trust virtually-monolithic industries.

But this is isn't reason to dismiss Windows 7 before you even try it. It's reason to look forward to it. The failure of Vista and the age of XP means that something truly innovative is on the horizon for Microsoft.

I do think Microsoft is too big, though, and would really enjoy seeing the competitors play, well, competitively. Competition forces the industry to continually make new products better than the old ones (which definitely wasn't the case when Vista first came out), which is what everyone wants.

So I want to see Windows 7 succeed, but I also want to see Microsoft deflate... (as well as the banks, the auto industry, but for different reasons )
    Last edited by Brenya; 01-10-2009 at 03:13 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast