Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: i7 Processor 920 Available NOW!!

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Well I used to drug deal as a hobby so there goes that

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    ... my point was that I feel the effort and money I have been putting in to the rigs to get what is a minimal amount of noticable gain is unbalanced at best. In fact its crazy...
    I have always been cognizant of the disconnect between "money spent" and "value received" but justified it by factoring in the intangibles...I enjoy the process and the eventual pride of ownership.
    The fact that my purchases can't be said to reflect my needs is irrelevant...much like mbucari1, I just like to do it.

D., it would be a shame to give up on the watercooling so quickly.
    If only to say that you climbed the learning curve, you should bring it to completion and run her for a while, then decide.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Yeah I will man. I just get so frustrated that I have to drain it and the re route the hoses. I know, I know if you fall off a horse right? I just had a bad week, but I'll get her up and running soon.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    colombianino's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    the prices are not as bad as for the current ones, but as always you do need a new mboo and DDR3 which costs more than the mobo . the cheapest thing if you build is the speakers which for $30 bucks, a frekn good keyboard now days comes with the mouse for 35$...

now i remember a teacher told me once that they (intel/amd/etc) were trying to make new processors with 8 cores that would each work seperately, i think he said that atm they could only make it work like 2 quad cores i think.
    There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.
    Albert Einstein

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    jaszypoo's Avatar Slide away! BT Rep: +2
    Expensive as hell. Just wait a month or two.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Why, what will happen then?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    DeWe's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Well, i don't think they'll give satisfying performance for their prices. My E8400 still going so strong
    Last edited by DeWe; 11-27-2008 at 09:43 PM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Not for the money HELL no, not until they come out with DDR5 ram or something to that effect

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Well, I paid $330 for my e6600 in september of '06. $300 for 4GB of DDR2 800 and $160 for a GA-965P-DS3. Suddenly the price of a core i7 rig doesn't seem so exorbitant.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Yeah but DDRII ram is even cheaper that DDR is most of the time. As most of you know I spend a good deal of cash on my computers when I have it, so it's not even the money really, my thing is I think it need time to be proven for a while before I drop the cash. let some others test it out first IMO

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234