Thread: Linux newsreaders get stuck at 99%

Member BT Rep: +1
    I been using LottaNZB and NNTPGrab with Ubuntu 8.04 and sometimes but not always I get stuck at 99% downloading. Its always either a .nfo or .sfv file. The main files always unrar without any corruption. I use Gpar2 to see if I can repair but they always return verified. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    rippinitup4fun's Avatar alt.binaries.*
    Quote Originally Posted by Rott3n View Post
    I been using LottaNZB and NNTPGrab with Ubuntu 8.04 and sometimes but not always I get stuck at 99% downloading. Its always either a .nfo or .sfv file. The main files always unrar without any corruption. I use Gpar2 to see if I can repair but they always return verified. Anyone have any ideas?
    I had this same problem with NNTPGrab, I beleive it is a bug that is being addressed and in the new build it will be fixed but it was always rar files that stuck for me anyways and it would eat up 100% cpu so I had to force kill it then restart and it would be good. I never had that problem with Lottanzb though.

You can try the test relase of NNTPGrab and see if it fixes the issue for at least that reader.

http://nntpgrab.nl/wiki/index.php/Ubuntu#Test_releases

Also have you tried pypar2 maybe this would help. About all I can think of outside of an issue with your provider.
    Last edited by rippinitup4fun; 11-18-2008 at 02:04 AM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Member BT Rep: +1
    Thanks rippin I will try the beta.