Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: OMG ovh to **** up everything.

someone plz clarify,

if I order SP mini from ovh france, i gotta pay 50e setup + 58e/month, but for this money, what do i get in the bandwidth package that's called SLA Premium?
    sorry if it was discussed before but i truly couldnt figure it out

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I was looking at the same package but from the uk site,http://www.ovh.co.uk/individual/prod...rplan_mini.xml
    been this is double price of the old 2XL with premium SLA, no set up fee for 12 months payment, guess even big firms like ovh needs more cash now under credit crunch.
    any1 got cheaper dedi sever provider to recommend at all ?

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    yeah sp premium, no prob at all when u order through fr website, it shud be 100mbit unmetered premium SLA ..

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Seedplace is reselling this package without setup fee at all if you are interested. The no setup fee is from ovh.co.uk that offers no setup fee free until 30 November.
    Seedplace.eu
    The place to seed!!!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by seedplace View Post
    Seedplace is reselling this package without setup fee at all if you are interested. The no setup fee is from ovh.co.uk that offers no setup fee free until 30 November.
    I am wondering how many servers you buy per client. It's a very important bit of information. I saw in one of your posts that you don't guarantee 100 Mbit but you write it's SLA Premium and the same can be seen in your offer. Unfortunately you didn't write what this means. Therefore I'd like to explain that. There are three options: one is traffic, everybody knows what it is, the second one - standard, the third - burstable.

Standard is 100 Mbit guaranteed per client, i.e. when you have got 1 server you've got 100 Mbit. If for instance you've got 3 servers then this 100 Mbit is shared by your three servers. If you have got 5, then there are 5 servers to share it etc.

Burstable - if your server uses more than 15 Mbit in 95 %, then the server will be capped to 15 Mbit.

So it may turn out that you'll buy a lot of servers per one client and the speed will be capped even to 5-10 Mbit. Additionally if you buy a lot of servers from the Kimsufi offer the consequences will be even more disastrous.
    Last edited by dance4; 11-23-2008 at 10:19 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    That's why i don't guarantee 100/100. Also if you'd like to know only a few servers per account exist right now.

Also one more thing. Standard doesn't count on server/client sla rule. Only premium sla counts that. Kimsufi servers are except that rule

Also one more think..If you were client on my site you would had received a lot of mails concerning that matter and all the changes..

And why don't you tell us about your own site ? How can you guarantee 100 mpbs of premium sla servers?
    Last edited by seedplace; 11-23-2008 at 10:37 PM.
    Seedplace.eu
    The place to seed!!!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    thanks for the explanation, just found this, didnt realize it b4, guess ovh isnt stupid after all.

Premium bandwidth
    With Premium, OVH guarantees you 100 Mbps (or more) per infrastructure. We call infrastructure a group of servers that:
    -belongs to the same client;
    -exchange data permanently or temporary;
    -are brought together behind a same domain name.

Example of bandwidth per server according to the number
    Number of servers Premium
    per infrastructure Premium
    per server
    1 100 Mbps 100 Mbps
    2 100 Mbps 50 Mbps

3 100 Mbps 30 Mbps
    4 100 Mbps 25 Mbps
    5 100 Mbps 20 Mbps

6 120 Mbps 20 Mbps
    7 140 Mbps 20 Mbps
    8 160 Mbps 20 Mbps
    8 160 Mbps 20 Mbps
    9 180 Mbps 20 Mbps
    10 200 Mbps 20 Mbps

15 300 Mbps 20 Mbps
    20 400 Mbps 20 Mbps
    50 1 000 Mbps 20 Mbps
    100 2 000 Mbps 20 Mbps
    Last edited by johhn; 11-23-2008 at 10:52 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Quote Originally Posted by seedplace View Post
    And why don't you tell us about your own site ? How can you guarantee 100 mpbs of premium sla servers?
    Bingo! I asked him earlier in this thread to explain a little about the service but he gave absolutely no reply. I mean what are you explaining seedplace for? Are you part of seedplace you retard? Leave his service alone and explain seedhost for christs sake....Dance are you some kind of a moron or something?

Get some balls already and answer my earlier question. Or are you all shady cause you are into ripping people off maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by dance4 View Post
    I am wondering how many servers you buy per client. It's a very important bit of information. I saw in one of your posts that you don't guarantee 100 Mbit but you write it's SLA Premium and the same can be seen in your offer. Unfortunately you didn't write what this means. Therefore I'd like to explain that.
    Hey idiot! Quit explaining his service and explain your own. The description on your site states something to the effect of "bandwidth not guaranteed"...WTF?? Stop being vague and shady and do some upkeep on your site and explain what the customer is getting. If you're too lazy to upgrade the site at least leave a half decent explanation in this forum.
    Last edited by joey; 11-24-2008 at 10:11 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    i wonder when we will see their reply on ur queries..

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Quote Originally Posted by joey View Post
    Bingo! I asked him earlier in this thread to explain a little about the service but he gave absolutely no reply. I mean what are you explaining seedplace for? Are you part of seedplace you retard? Leave his service alone and explain seedhost for christs sake....Dance are you some kind of a moron or something?

Get some balls already and answer my earlier question. Or are you all shady cause you are into ripping people off maybe?
    HEY IDIOT! The fact that they don't guarantee doesn't mean that we don't either. Everything is ok with our website. 100 Mbit guarateed is exactly 100 Mbit guaranteed. So mr. BINGO ?

Quote Originally Posted by joey View Post
    Hey idiot! Quit explaining his service and explain your own. The description on your site states something to the effect of "bandwidth not guaranteed"...WTF?? Stop being vague and shady and do some upkeep on your site and explain what the customer is getting. If you're too lazy to upgrade the site at least leave a half decent explanation in this forum.
    Don't you know what "not always quaranted" is ? LOL

My aim was not to criticise but to explain the rules of SLA Premium if they don't quarantee 100Mbit.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast