Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: September 11

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    We asked for the leaders to be turned over, they we not.
    The Afgans were willing to hand them over, to any country except the US for trial.

There stated reason: They would not receive a fair trial in the USA.

Going off a certain base in Cuba.......the USA has not exactly proved them wrong.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    BANNED
    I add them to the list of people killed by Bin Laden. A true martyr, a man of God, would have stepped forward to claim responsibility, knowing he was saving the lives of his Afghani comrades who had harbored him. He would have retired to a victorious after-life.

Instead, like a mortal coward, he ran away and was assisted by the government of Afghanistan. He is a man interested in fame and power, not a resprestative of the Islamic faith. My Saudi friend here, tells me that Islam is about peace.

After such an attack, I see no option for America. Attack with all the force available, follow all leads, kill the source. An example must be made, I think we were too soft. All those killed are on his shoulders. I consider the lives of those innocent, here and abroad, equal as humans. I do not see another option, however.

Let the UN handle the matter, let there be diplomatic negotiations? I cannot invision any country with the means pursuing this route.

That is what I think. He killed those he hated and he killed those who harboured him.

So, had these people been hiding out in, say, China, would the US have attacked??

Of course not! There's a big difference between attacking a country with a well trained army, navy and air force, and a country that has none of these!

I repeat .... the United States is a bully!! Like all bullies, they know who to fight, and they know who to leave alone.

And as for claiming that the slaughter of 10's of thousands of innocent civilians in a revenge attack was justified!! I wish you many more 911's, because if that's your attitude, you deserve them!!

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Double Agent
    amen

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    I find it naive to think that they would have turned over anyone of importance. Certain people would have disappeared and the Afghans would have requested more time to find them. Meanwhile they are funneled out of the country. They say, "They are all gone?, Don't attack us, they slipped away in the night". And this did happen anyway, no?

I understand a stall tactic when I see one.

I want to apologize to anyone who thinks that I don't value life outside the US, that is wrong. I think the situation was terrible, but the realistic alternatives few. It is so difficult when military targets and civilians melt together.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@9 September 2003 - 18:57
    The Afgans were willing to hand them over, to any country except the US for trial.

There stated reason: They would not receive a fair trial in the USA.

And the Taliban was the exemplar of a fair judicial system?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    it wasnt jus the us it was people from diff countries who died i got the dvd in memory off those who died.i was workin at the time wud off been 2pm uk time just started at 2pm

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    just one thing with the americans friendly fire killing the uk soldiers not havin a go or nuffing just stateing

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    BANNED
    And the Taliban was the exemplar of a fair judicial system?

Who funded the Taliban Clocker?

It was YOUR government, get your facts straight!

http://www.mediamonitors.net/mosaddeq2.html

By 1991-92, the US and the USSR finally reached an agreement that neither would continue to supply aid to any faction in Afghanistan. However, the numerous militant factions previously funded and armed by the US have been vying for supremacy. One of the armed Afghan factions funded by the CIA during this war was the Taliban, an apparently Islamic movement. With the departure of Soviet troops in 1989, these factions began vying with one another for supremacy, the Taliban eventually arising as the dominant force in Afghanistan. As a coherent politico-military faction or movement, the Taliban did not exist prior to October 1994, but were members of other factions such as Harakat-e Islami and Mohammad Nabi Mohammadi, or operated independently without a centralised command centre.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by sabbath@9 September 2003 - 20:17
    I would also love to be here with all of you a year or two after and listen to other excuses about attacking North Korea, Syria, Iran (clearing up the place for Israel, you know...)
    I think you'll find that a lot of those who went anti-war on the Iraq issue WOULD support war with one of those countries.

Iraq posed no confirmed threat - That's why a few were wary about going in full-force. North Korea's nuclear weapons program is no secret - In fact, two of the anti-war newspapers in the UK were encouraging Blair to order troops to North Korea instead of Iraq because of that.

It's a bit funny that Blair's been a little schtum about that

BTW do not associate me with Billy_Dean; this was an independent view to respond to sabbath's post. Although I'm a firm believer of everyone deserves an opinion, Billy_Dean's timing makes me oppose this view - Now is not the time to argue about the incident, but to respect those who died in it.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    BANNED
    I appreciate what your saying Illuminati, and if you read my first post in this thread you'll see I asked only how people feel about the 20-30,000 innocent Afghanis that were killed. I stated this was not a flame, and I paid respects to those who died on 911. Can we not at the same time pay respects to ALL innocent people who have died because of this incident? Or are American lives more important? Why is the murder of 3,000 westerners a "tragedy", whilst the slaughter of 10 times that number called "collateral damage"?? To me, what happened to innocent Afghanis was 10 times worse than what happened on 911.

And if no-one else is willing to acknowledge them, I will!

May their souls rest in peace.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast