Thread: Xvid

A small annoyance...When I play xvid movies in any of my players (WMP9, BS Player or VideoLan), they always freeze my computer. After I restart the computer, I can play them fine in the players mentioned. I have the latest Kazaa lite codec pack and the latest Kazaa Lite version.
    Also just to make sure I have all the proper codecs, I run the xvid movies through GSpot.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    BANNED
    Originally posted by fadyt@10 September 2003 - 03:40
    A small annoyance...When I play xvid movies in any of my players (WMP9, BS Player or VideoLan), they always freeze my computer. After I restart the computer, I can play them fine in the players mentioned. I have the latest Kazaa lite codec pack and the latest Kazaa Lite version.
    Also just to make sure I have all the proper codecs, I run the xvid movies through GSpot.
    during install of codec did you install the divix anti freeze???

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Yes I did install Divx antifreeze.
    I'm curious as to why I can play these xvid movies after I restart the computer.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by fadyt@10 September 2003 - 04:18
    Yes I did install Divx antifreeze.
    I'm curious as to why I can play these xvid movies after I restart the computer.
    i'm sorry i though the question was about divix daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    BANNED
    What are your specs like? do u tri and run a few apps while watching the movie?

If still no go u could give ffshow or somthing,a filter designed for xvid or change the 4cc code of the movie from xvid to divx.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    FFDSHOW seems to clear up a lot problems.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Darth Sushi@10 September 2003 - 06:06
    darth i don't know where you are hosting your avatar but its not showing up boss, clear your ie temp files and you will see it does not appear

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+10 September 2003 - 11:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 10 September 2003 - 11:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Darth Sushi@10 September 2003 - 06:06
    darth i don&#39;t know where you are hosting your avatar but its not showing up boss, clear your ie temp files and you will see it does not appear [/b][/quote]
    Thanks for pointing that out. My image host is now limiting views to 5 MB per day.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Poster
    try to decode videos using 3ivx included in the k-lite codec pack.

3ivx is a very fast directshow decoder, and it decodes xvid even faster than the xvid decoder itself.

for me, it works like a charm.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Thank you all for the suggestions.
    Will try them all and report back.