Thread: I Am Worried About Leaving My Pc On

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by lynx@9 September 2003 - 13:13
    I thought you had just got a 500W psu ?
    Not telling porkies I hope, abu.

That would be an abuse_of_power.
    :groan:
    ha
    yea, i just got the comp, i'll be ordering the psu like today or tomorow. dude, my old computer has 200 watts!! and it runs pretty well if i leave it on. so i'm guessing the 500 watt should have no prob. only question i was asking is that will it fry up? it's not the best brand. Here:
    http://dealsonic.com/po50atxp4amd.html

check it out

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    lynx's Avatar .
    That looks like a very reasonable psu for the money, always assuming it can match it's specifications. You shouldn't have any problems with that one, the highest current consumption is usually at start-up, normal running should not come anywhere near the max performance specs.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Abu are u sure you arent telling porkies on the 7th september you said you'd already ordered the power supply a week ago?
    http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=64730

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Poster
    Abu,here is a link to my power supply http://www.mysterybyte.com/index.htm?conte...part.htm&show=1 . It is just a no name brand basically .It is only 300 watt and I run mine all the time.My specs are Athlon XP 2200+ (overclocked to 1950 mhz),512 mb DDR ,Radeon 7500 video, 80 gig Samsung hard drive,CDRW/DVD drive,sound card,lan ,modem,three lighted fans,led lights up both sides of my case,two other regular fans. I have yet to have power supply prob though I will be replacing it soon
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    this post a lil late - but it's actually better 2 leave ur pc on continually than 2 shut it off every night. what kills a pc is the "surge" of electrons through the mobo, hd when u turn it on. if u leave it on - the electricity is flowin through - instead of surgin.

just shut off yer monitor 2 prevent screen burn (cannot teach my end users on my LAN that simple step). u'll b fine.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    i have power supply fan and cpu fan and vga fan only ist ok or i should buy some coolent

longest time ma pc was on is 2 days but today iam d/l movie so i want it to keep it on till tommorow ist ok or.....

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Poster
    mines on 24-7 ,sometimes i restart if i got updates and installed software.now and then i do turn it off for one night (happens about once in a fortnight)
    Open your mind

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    rofl at abu's avatar:

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Mine is on 24/7 also.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by ilw@10 September 2003 - 14:56
    Abu are u sure you arent telling porkies on the 7th september you said you&#39;d already ordered the power supply a week ago?
    http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=64730
    that was when i 1st found out of the &#036;20 psu. i just got it yesterday. works like a charm.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast