Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want to change?

Odin's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    This giveaway is maybe not just a giveaway. Maybe it is more like a trade. Not like a trade there I want something physical back, but more like I a commitment from the member I will invite.
    The torrent world is full of different guidelines about how you gone act and not act in this business. Some of these guidelines are very easy to fallow, because they has been written down, like all the different rules you have to fallow in different communities. Types of these rules can be how long you have to seed on a torrent file, how your ratio should be etc. These rules are easy peacy for everyone, just read the tracker rules and fallow them.

But, some of the rules are more difficult to understand. Especially for members who are new in this business. But I have seen members who have been in this game for a long time; blow their chances to get invited to special places because they don’t have understand some specific elements. I am talking about the most important rules of them all. Rules you can’t find on a piece of paper. Rules you can’t learn over night, but through hard work, social wire, good attitude + little more.

So back to the basic:
    I want one member who wants to start his/her torrenting history all over again. I don’t care if you have traded or done other stupid things in the past. The only thing I demand is that you haven’t been in this game to long and have an open mind and are willing to listen.

What will happen the next weeks?
    After you have posed here I will PM some of you.I will first interview some of you here in FST. (I will not announce these members in open, but through PM). After the interviews will I pick two of you to a new interview and this time it will be on msn. One of you will be eliminated in this interview. When we are finish, it’s only you and I left.

What will happen then?
    Now we will start on the first step of the journey together. I will invite you to one of the trackers I am member of. Here you gone learn some basic elements about how you gone act etc. What you are learning by doing here will give you advantage on the next tracker I will invite you to and so on. I will also, if you want, present you for some of my friends in different trackers and community. My measure with our journey will be that you in a 6 months’ time, undersand how to act in the torrent comunity.And that you will do exactly the same thing as I did for you with another newbie’.

My goals with this “project” are very clear. I believe I can, through this work, change a few people’s behavior and attitude in the torrent world. And through this, show someone that cheating and trading is the stupidest thing to do to obtain respect and finally new friendships.

What do I want to know about you?
    How long you have been torrenting?
    Where are you member today?
    How old are you?
    I will PM some of you in a few days.

Good luck everybody and I hope somone will be my friend and "work" with me the next months to comes.

Odin
    Last edited by Odin; 11-21-2008 at 05:26 PM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    This is very ingenious of you Odin, if only i had met someone like you early on in my adventures in the torrenting world. If i had met you i think my journey to where i have come would have been alot smoother and i wouldn't have had to jump into everything blind. You are taking on a big task and i applaud you for your efforts. I wish all the applicants who apply the very best of luck!
    Last edited by sheriff 01; 11-21-2008 at 03:22 PM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I donīt like to post for saying "good job", "well done" or things like those, but this is a really really awesome offer, perhaps the most intelligent, gentle and laborious of all Iīve seen here.
    I only want to wish you luck and wisdom choosing the padawan.

Nice one.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Yakut's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Excellent idea!
    I was one of beginners to which have not explained, that trade - the silliest thing.
    Now I pay for an error

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    ostracizado's Avatar Biatx BT Rep: +5
    Well we have to admit that even his/her .. connection speed will have some kind of influence .. especially on those "6 months’ time" .. and i say that with a 4Mb/256 connection ..

With that .. good idea Odin .. and good luck to all that go for it.. =)

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    predateur's Avatar .ıllılı.ıl.lı. BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    the best GA i ever seen , you beleave on the good part of people, you give everyone his chance and wanna make a good friend relation with your invtee
    Vectoral FTW!

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    This is very unique and thoughtful giveaway. "Its not the destination, but the journey that matters" . I wish you success in your giveaway.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    excellent idea Odin, even if doubt that the guy you pick will do the same effort as you.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    colombianino's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    This is without doubt the biggest help one could get, i will do this not for the invites but for the experience of acting and being grateful and caring more and more for the community, a few months ago i would have just answered the questions thoughtfully but a little careless just wanting to throw myself in the "best tracker".

But throughout the experience and hard work and achievements that i have accomplished, i have come to realize that not only its worth it, but i learned what the trackers really need, comprehension and support from non other than their members who, despite of where they are, can change the tracker to a better community. if i tell you that i want to stand at the top, right now that would be a lie, because there is no top, there's just the great feeling of being where you wanna be and having a great group of friends and people that care and that will be always helping you out, a community that stands for themselves and not only cares about the release of a movie but mainly of talking about it, chatting in irc about it, playing games in irc, and all in a tracker that brings us together.

so if you ask me, yes i believe in change, i have change over the change that took me from the "guy who wanted it all" to the guy who came to realize that torrenting was and is much more than downloading. but as you say, there is something new to learn everyday, so in my efforts to do what it takes and what is right i present you my truthful and honorable experiences:

How long you have been torrenting?
    Fairly 2 years in which i i only seek friends
    Where are you member today?
    the king and queen of music (what/waffles)
    my favorite like (tranceroute, trancebooster,elektronik)
    learning (bitme)
    dvd (the dvd club)
    my beloved ones (PTN, iTS)
    one that has it all (TL)
    How old are you?
    There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.
    Albert Einstein

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I incredible amount of work Odin for nothing(except a sense of accomplishment) in return.
    Not a bad word to say say on my part man.Just respect.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast