Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barcoding People

Uk has announced that it will be allocating a unique number for every child in uk.How long before we have a barcode or chip under the skin?Who agrees and why?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Double Agent
    yeah and everytime you go shopping the cashier has to scan your head first

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I've had a number since I was born, the first six digits signify my birthdate, the last four are chosen to reflect on my gender and previously the location I was born (the locational data was later removed from the system to protect immigrants and those numbers are now picked at random).

This number is unique to me, and everyone in my country has one like it. It's no big deal.

*spellcheck*

4. Lounge   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    You get other unique numbers anyway. Health registration number or whatever it is called, which in theory you need to get medical treatment (but which is never checked) then when you start work you get a National Insurance Number. Get a passport and you get another number. Get a driving license and you get another number.
    This is only starting a little earlier, and it actually makes more sense to have ONE number for everything instead of lots of different unique numbers.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by lynx@8 September 2003 - 23:27
    You get other unique numbers anyway. Health registration number or whatever it is called, which in theory you need to get medical treatment (but which is never checked) then when you start work you get a National Insurance Number. Get a passport and you get another number. Get a driving license and you get another number.
    This is only starting a little earlier, and it actually makes more sense to have ONE number for everything instead of lots of different unique numbers.
    I agree

6. Lounge   -   #6
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I agree I think everyone in the UK should have an ID card with their photo and NI number on it. After all we require a licence for nearly everything else.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    Must have been a good answer, JP agreed with me
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    i would agree to have everyone tagged.
    it would do wonders for catching rapists, murderers and other general scum.

plus, it would keep you damn kids outta the pubs.
    more beer for me.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

9. Lounge   -   #9
    human rights, tagging would never by compulsery

10. Lounge   -   #10
    I just cant help thinking of prisoner."I am a man not a number"<<<not sure if thats the exact words

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast