Thread: How do I use both Nic's?

I have a Hosting-IE dedi with 2 nics. one is 1GBit and the other is 100MBit. i've tried on both IP's but i'm not getting speeds anywhere near 1GBit. is there something i'm not doing right?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BethCooper's Avatar cute as can be BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I think the best would be to contact their support for the best response..They can explain exactly how it works for you.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Bunny Hopper BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    So you have a 1Gbit server with an extra 100Mbit NIC card? Most likely, I think only the 1Gbit connection is setup, you can check this by typing "ifconfig". Post here what you see there, eth0 with 1 IP? eth0:0 with another IP or eth1 with another IP? If it's eth1 with another IP and gateway, then you have both network cards setup. Type "mii-tool" to check the connection type of your network cards. It should be 1000BaseTx-FD for the 1Gbit NIC card.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    you're not goin gto tel them to set torrent for you aren't you )))) ?

all depends what are you going to do

there can be 100's of different configurations, all depends to you , if you are just seeding make sure you have gateway on Gbit Card and disable 100mbit one and use it

if you do not feel confident ask them to set KVM for you they do it for 19euro I think for 1 day, and you can experiment without lossing contact to server.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    hosting-ie doesnt have guaranteed 1gbit. this explains it.

they didn't built Rome in one day

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMan80 View Post
    you're not goin gto tel them to set torrent for you aren't you )))) ?

all depends what are you going to do

there can be 100's of different configurations, all depends to you , if you are just seeding make sure you have gateway on Gbit Card and disable 100mbit one and use it

if you do not feel confident ask them to set KVM for you they do it for 19euro I think for 1 day, and you can experiment without lossing contact to server.
    i did this without KVM and lost contact to my server

they charged my 19 euro to fix it. still waiting.. do you have a similar set up? if so can you help me set mine like yours?