Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should traders be allowed to post in the request section

Quote Originally Posted by piratebot View Post
    it's like you guys think traders are the scum of the earth and people who do giveaways are like people who donate to charity. so much so that some people feel compelled to add 'anti-trader' to their sig, and some even take it a step further by spamming useless messages in the ga/req section. the fact is, trades and giveaways are both against the rules of every well-known tracker.
    giving invite to someone you've never seen or met is against tracker rules...but no one on fst follows this rule.
    Last edited by phosphors; 11-24-2008 at 08:24 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    ok, daffy duck. are you another bugs.bunny clone? which also was a previous clone of we-know-who?
    because you seem to know a lot for someone that just just registered here.

and no, your idea makes no sense. Nor those asswipes that put anti-trading in either the sig or the user title. because we all know that if they were offered a FTN/rabbit/FSC/wheelmods, etc invite for some invite they had, they wouldn't hesitate.
    or can you imagine this: "no, i won't give you one of my 10 bitgamer invites, because i don't trade. i will wait for someone to offer me one FTN for free and i will not accept this trade."

it's incredible the amount of liars, scammers, cheaters, dissimulated traders that lurk around here.
    i'd only invite someone here after knowing a LOT about that person in advance, and i already made a mistake with a known user here, that was later banned for scamming, dupe accounts, etc etc.

so, let's grab some popcorn and watch hypocrites do their game here !

Look at joni22 sig: anti-trader... now look at his BT rep.... FFS... go away noob.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 11-24-2008 at 08:28 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    NO!!!!! I wish there was NO trading here!

A request should be genuine. There are good members here!

Point is that you should know the person who you plan on inviting.

The 2 accounts for regular members thing makes that hard here.
    Last edited by pone44; 11-24-2008 at 10:56 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    it's like you guys think traders are the scum of the earth and people who do giveaways are like people who donate to charity. so much so that some people feel compelled to add 'anti-trader' to their sig, and some even take it a step further by spamming useless messages in the ga/req section. the fact is, trades and giveaways are both against the rules of every well-known tracker.
    OK you want a "serious" answer as opposed to my usual "spam" I will give you one.

I don't believe in witch hunts and in my considered opinion it is neither my duty to censure others or act as some sort of secret police for various trackers here.

Whatever my personal opinion of the morality of trading, as it exists FST is neutral ground.People other than tracker staff(who would be remiss in their duty elsewise) should wage their wars elsewhere.

It may shock you but a few of the people tainted with the label of trader here are actually remarkably nice human beings who simply who fail to share a certain viewpoint with us.It doesn't not necessarily make them "the scum of the earth"(although some are) anymore than your ignorance does you .

The onus here is ,as it should be, on each individual to determine what is the best course to take.
    Banning traders(or rather forcing them underground) won't change that.

Now piratebot is that isn't a good enough answer for you I suggest you loosen your panties because they are cutting off the flow of blood to your brain.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Really, Ive said it before and I will say it again.

Trading in the trading section and giving invites away in the the request/offer section are the same exact thing. You are a) breaking the rules of every tracker I know of by trading OR giving invites to someone you dont know (dont say you know them or there wouldnt be a section for requests, you would just give them to these people you know). b) You are putting your beloved tracker at risk by giving away OR trading invites.

In a nutshell, people who give away invites who call traders subhuman and scum are pretty much the same thing. You break the rules either way. Now can everyone just shut up about traders?
    Go Leafs Go.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    WhoopDeDoo's Avatar Cutie <3 BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by uzer View Post
    I hate traders
    LOL, thanks for the laugh. My bet is that's your second account here, or you're trying to flex your e-peen and say you're not a trader here to get some free invites. There's no such thing as an anti-trader. If you receive invites from someone who isn't a close friend, or who you just met in the past week, you're breaking rules regardless. Private trackers wouldn't exist without traders/giveaways/forums like these. We're the ones that populate your favorite places to download from. Here, I'll name how I got my invites:

Waffles - Friend.
    What.CD - Request here.
    iPlay - Open signups.
    TranceRoute - Trade.
    Torrentleech - Friend.
    TranceTraffic - Shared account.

Does it make me a bad person because I made one trade? Disregard the fact that I'm still a member there, and have not cheated/traded/done anything but use the account and buffer it as much as possible by seeding back to the community.

So you idiots who think traders are scum tell me, am I the "bad guy" for using what I trade for?

Music lover, baby.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    slymester's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"") BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by uzer View Post
    I hate traders

http://www.realpoor.com/viewtopic.ph...Bitmetv__RevTT

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    lol. that was two days ago, he's changed his ways now!

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    OK you want a "serious" answer as opposed to my usual "spam" I will give you one.

I don't believe in witch hunts and in my considered opinion it is neither my duty to censure others or act as some sort of secret police for various trackers here.

Whatever my personal opinion of the morality of trading, as it exists FST is neutral ground.People other than tracker staff(who would be remiss in their duty elsewise) should wage their wars elsewhere.

It may shock you but a few of the people tainted with the label of trader here are actually remarkably nice human beings who simply who fail to share a certain viewpoint with us.It doesn't not necessarily make them "the scum of the earth"(although some are) anymore than your ignorance does you .

The onus here is ,as it should be, on each individual to determine what is the best course to take.
    Banning traders(or rather forcing them underground) won't change that.

Now piratebot is that isn't a good enough answer for you I suggest you loosen your panties because they are cutting off the flow of blood to your brain.
    i like how you took that personally even though my post wasn't directly towards you.

this anti-trader front that people have is ridiculous.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post
    lol. that was two days ago, he's changed his ways now!
    pwned
    Last edited by danio; 11-24-2008 at 11:47 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast