Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What you think about trading

waki's Avatar HA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    You do get in trackers without trading ... but it ain't gonna be easy, not in the short term.

It is perfectly possible to get into (almost) every tracker around by not trading, but offcourse being a contributing member here and at other places takes time and effort. Being active and writing posts that consist of more than 'Good luck', 'Thank you', etc... requires some intellectual capacities and some basic knowledge of the English language and off course some sociological, interpersonal skills are never wasted.

Some people don't have time for that, they want it all and they want it now, preferably without any hassle or any effort, regardless of security, tracker rules etc ...
    i totally agree.

i never traded, but i'm on almost every "high level" (duh) trackers. it's not that hard to join them if you want to participate in their community. ofcourse if you don't enjoy chatting on irc, using the forums, 'they' will never get to know you. but that's good, because private trackers wants active ppl, not the collector guy who login to the site once in a week just for keeping his acc alive.
    you can't spell ballin' without allin

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    n00b BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I don't care as long as the trader is not in my invite-tree and as long as he won't come here moaning and making excuses a la my brother used my account, after losing his account.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by helpme View Post
    Trade is wrong way to get what you need
    As tracker rules said
    Don`t trade your account or invites
    it`s really bad way
    Tracker rules also say don't give your invites to people you don't know. Does that mean people who give invites away here in the giveaway/request section are bad too?
    Go Leafs Go.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    All morals apart, trading is exactly as bad as public giveaways.

this is my truth, tell me yours.
    Nope, it's not. Staff on lots of trackers do giveaways here from time to time, but I have yet to see staff from a tracker trade for an invite

You do get in trackers without trading ... but it ain't gonna be easy, not in the short term.

It is perfectly possible to get into (almost) every tracker around by not trading, but offcourse being a contributing member here and at other places takes time and effort. Being active and writing posts that consist of more than 'Good luck', 'Thank you', etc... requires some intellectual capacities and some basic knowledge of the English language and off course some sociological, interpersonal skills are never wasted.

Some people don't have time for that, they want it all and they want it now, preferably without any hassle or any effort, regardless of security, tracker rules etc ...
    I remember when I first started out I traded a little bit but someone showed me that it's not the correct way to do things and shortly, veeery shortly after that I had almost all trackers I wanted and even some I didn't I'd say maybe 3 months after that I was flush. I think it is mostly who you know and don't be a prick
    Last edited by Detale; 11-26-2008 at 04:38 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Nope, it's not. Staff on lots of trackers do giveaways here from time to time, but I have yet to see staff from a tracker trade for an invite

I remember when I first started out I traded a little bit but someone showed me that it's not the correct way to do things and shortly, veeery shortly after that I had almost all trackers I wanted and even some I didn't I'd say maybe 3 months after that I was flush. I think it is mostly who you know and don't be a prick
    Detale i agree with you 100% and its to bad other members do not see it this way!

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    and don't be a prick
    So you're basically saying I have no chance.
    Thanks a lot Gandhi.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    nthpeter's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    and don't be a prick
    Thanks a lot Gandhi.
    You have chance in both ways. Its up to you what you want more: torrent lover ommunity or just high speed download from a big archive.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by nthpeter View Post

Thanks a lot Gandhi.
    You have chance in both ways..
    Are we talking anal here?

(I can't wait to see what google translate makes of that sentence)

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    nthpeter's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Quote Originally Posted by nthpeter View Post

You have chance in both ways..
    Are we talking anal here?

(I can't wait to see what google translate makes of that sentence)

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    colyu's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Couldn't care less personally. So what if people trade, its their decision to be shunned. I don't trade myself, but I don't see a problem with it. All these "moral issues" with trading is just plain bulls*** in my mind

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast