Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boycott Riaa

*WTF* IS THIS RIAA DOING!!!!!!! FIRST THE MAKE THE SOUND SCREECHING AND THAN PEOPLE ARE CRIMENALS
    ANTI RIAA BOYCOTT RIAA

2. Music   -   #2
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Is against RIAA and also ARIA...

3. Music   -   #3
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    and MPAA

4. Music   -   #4
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    why do you think its the RIAA screeching I thought someone recorded their G/F having a fuck and wanted to share it

5. Music   -   #5
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Originally posted by Hogster@9 September 2003 - 18:12
    why do you think its the RIAA screeching I thought someone recorded their G/F having a fuck and wanted to share it
    sorry guys :">

6. Music   -   #6
    LMFAO

/me falls off his chair well tell her not to spread it next time

7. Music   -   #7
    Poster
    This morning i was watch a program on television and they have scrolling text along the bottom, this is what i saw:

" Music industry sues file-swappers "

This shocked the hell out of me, i wondered....SHIT..this isnt good!!
    I have done my research today and found a news website, Ninemsn.com.au
    and i had a read of the report and this has really turned me off using Kazaa, what is your thoughts on this??? Ninemsn News: Music Industry Sues P2P Users Report

12:06 AEST Tue 9 Sep 2003

Music industry sues file-swappers

AFP - The recording industry, stepping up its battle against online piracy, has filed 261 lawsuits against internet users accused of illegal music-swapping.

The Recording Industry Association of America said the civil suits target internet users of so-called peer-to-peer networks who have exchanged an average of 1,000 songs online.

The move marked a new legal tactic for the industry, which until now had targeted companies that operated music-swapping websites and a few internet users operating large-scale unauthorised music sharing.

"Our goal here is not to be vindictive or punitive. It's simply to get P2P users to stop offering music that doesn't belong to them," said RIAA president Carey Sherman.

The RIAA said at the same time it would offer amnesty to persons under investigation who pledge in writing to stop unauthorised music file-sharing.

"Our offer is simple and we think reasonable: if you voluntarily come forward, sign a declaration promising to destroy all the illegal copies that you may have made in the past, destroy illegally obtained files and not illegally distribute music in the future, we will promise not to take any legal action against you for your past activities," Sherman said in a conference call from Washington.

The RIAA, which brought down the popular Napster file-sharing system in 2001, failed in court to shut down peer-to-peer networks such as Kazaa and Grokster because they have no central servers that store music but instead allow users to share files amongst themselves.

In June, the RIAA -- which represents the major music labels including Universal, Sony, Warner, BMG and EMI -- announced plans to start collecting evidence for thousands of lawsuits in a bid to crack down on illegal online music swapping, which the industry blames for the slump in legitimate sales.

Some have criticised the new tactic of the music industry, saying it could target millions of people and in some cases make parents liable for music-swapping by their children.

But Sherman said he hopes the legal action will prompt parents to pay more attention to potentially illegal activities by their children.

"We expect people to say 'It isn't me, it was my kid,' but someone has to take responsibility," Sherman said in a conference call.

Sherman said the suits target the internet account holders where "that computer has been used for illegal purposes."

---------------------------------------------------

I feel really bad now..... so ummm what to do???
    I'll go hide

8. Music   -   #8
    Originally posted by Hogster@9 September 2003 - 18:29
    LMFAO

/me falls off his chair well tell her not to spread it next time
    1ts teh 0nly way 2 spr3d teh l0v3...

9. Music   -   #9
    that article is bulshit

10. Music   -   #10
    Originally posted by Hogster@9 September 2003 - 18:47
    that article is bulshit
    i typed this huge speech but it got deleted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast