Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: File-swapping Lawsuits

Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    I just read an article on C|NET here, saying that the RIAA has filed lawsuits like they said they would. It really is getting out of hand. Don't they realize that this will do alot more harm than good.

As soon as I read "Step 2:", I immedietly went to the K-Lite options and enabled the "Users can't get a list of all your shared files" feature.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    If you live in the US then Write A Letter.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    i'm not next
    i'm in the uk...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    and im from australia

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Lucky bastards&#33; (I&#39;m mad at my country, not yours. So don&#39;t worry.)

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Lucky bastards&#33;&nbsp; (I&#39;m mad at my country, not yours. So don&#39;t worry.)
    yeah I wouldn&#39;t seriously worry to much the chances are slim to get caught just use the privacy patch

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Of course I&#39;m not getting caught. The RIAA IP ranges are blocked and users can&#39;t get a list of my shared files. God I love K-Lite.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    madgrudz
    Grrr........i love k-lite wi th the RIAA ip range blocking......but the damn RIAA I saw on the news today is sueing a 12 year old cathlic school girl from Manhattan who had mp3&#39;s. Some of them included Family Matters theme song to "If your happy and you know it clap your hands." Now this shit is going to far. First off, the suing people is just raising public awairness of p2p, and a poll done prior to the lawsuits showed 63% dont gave a shit about getting suied, and now that they are, a new poll showed 70% dont give a shit. Theres no way the RIAA can stop p2p, and suing 12 year old girls for 150 million dollars is not going to help. Lowering to sky high prices of cd&#39;s from &#036;20 to maybe &#036;10-15 dollars would get less p2p activty, cause they got a freaking monopoly on the industry, to buy one good song, you have to shell out &#036;20 bucks, and if you got a mp3 player, what are you suposta do also if the cd is one of those new rip-proof ones? (Asuing u dont get around it). Riaa is so stupid...........

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    well its 30 bucks hre and 10 bucks for a single which sux who in the world would want to pay 10 bucks for 1 song?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by Hogster@9 September 2003 - 06:46
    well its 30 bucks hre and 10 bucks for a single which sux who in the world would want to pay 10 bucks for 1 song?
    &#036;10 USD for a single? That just ain&#39;t right. &#036;30 is for an album is rediculous.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast