Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bash The N00b

Poster
    If you look at the date of my joining this forum and my number of posts plus my lack of avatar etc. you may come to the conclusion that I am somewhat of a newbie to this forum.

Well I really enjoy this forum. I have learned some very good tips and read some very interesting threads. Actually k-lite forum was my first experience with a forum and I would say it was a good experience.

Although...Dun...Dun...Dun...(pause for dramatic effect) I can't get past the newbie bashing. I mean it is incredible the hollier than thou posts I have read on here. Just because we are new doesn't mean we are ignorant. Granted a few rotten apples that can't stop asking the same questions over and over again can make us all look bad but I personally do not consider myself a stupid person(well not extremely so anyway).

I am not so much offended by the newbie grouping and flaming and criticism as I just feel that it is pointless and getting absolutely everyone nowhere. I feel it cloggs up more of this forum than the people asking if mp3's screeching is the third sign of the apocolypse. Also I have seen more than one thread get totally destroyed by the newbie war(threads that weren't even started by newbs or had newb topics). By the time everyone is done bitching the topic is lost forever to anyone reading.

In conclusion I would like to make a special offer to all you long time k-lite forum junkies and hell the moderators can join in too if they would like...

Having a bad day? Have you seen another stupid post that makes you want to gouge your eyes out with a shrimp fork? If so instead of flying off the hook and making an enemy out of someone you don't even know, Why not come to this thread and blast me? Don't worry I am all grown up and I can take it. Go crazy. I'm sure I have made many spelling grammar and punctuation mistakes in this post. Go ahead pick it apart. group me in with all the other noobs. I don't mind. In short Make Me Pay!!!

Brought to you in part by the save the newbs foundation and Grimlock everyones favorite dinobot.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    That was a well constructed post and a pleasure to read.
    You don't have to volunteer for punchbag and your compassion is to your credit.
    I think what starts off these firecracker-strings of insults is the phrasology of the original poster. More often that not, people get their questions answered somewhere in the thread and the vast majority of jibes are not too barbed. Many mundane threads become thriving sources of wit and imo makes the board all the more entertaining.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    The only time that noobs get bashed for real is when the post just dumb shit.

Ex. there is a bug with k-lite.
    stuff dont work WTF is wrong with you idots.

When a question is properly asked, it si properly answered. With some exceptions.

I have no avatar, am i noob? well kinda.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by toddiscool@9 September 2003 - 15:22

Having no avatar is an avatar in itself

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    Aww c'mon guys while i appreciate your support, you can do better than that. Just think of it as therapeutic. And really I don't mind.

P.S. Where the hell is balamm (just kidding balamm)

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by Grimlock@9 September 2003 - 16:25
    Aww c'mon guys while i appreciate your support, you can do better than that. Just think of it as therapeutic. And really I don't mind.

oh, you want us to bash you. I thought the point of the thread was to make a point?
    Well I am not the one to ask for that, but I am sure someone esle can help ya. May i suggest a post in devs corner about a bug in the program needing fixing.

Edit:
    QUOTE (toddiscool @ 9 September 2003 - 15:22)

Having no avatar is an avatar in itself 
    that is how i think of it.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Alright then, as you insist,

stfu.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    LoL

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by Grimlock@9 September 2003 - 15:25

Stupid noob, posted in wrong section, should of posted in the lounge..

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    Oh yeah and feel free to discuss things you have seen other stupid noobs do here as well instaed of taking it out on them personally.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast