Thread: pro-piracy or anti-piracy?

pro-piracy or anti-piracy -- which do you guys think? i am doing a persuasive topic on this issue. and was leaning towards saying you should download. because the riaa takes all the sale money anyway. let me know what you think/ideas/comments or even questions.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I will say this politely

GET THE FUCK OUT!!!!

y in the hell in BT section someone would be anti piracy

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    here we all are pro-pirates, one way or the other.
    no one just found this forum when searching for Cookie recipes.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 12-04-2008 at 05:16 AM.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by phoetriu View Post
    pro-piracy or anti-piracy -- which do you guys think? i am doing a persuasive topic on this issue. and was leaning towards saying you should download. because the riaa takes all the sale money anyway. let me know what you think/ideas/comments or even questions.
    That's like saying that people shouldn't eat at McDonalds because the company gets all the money and the employees get minimum wage. Your argument is just silly.

Like the employees of McDonalds, artists agree to work under the terms (and pay) of their employment; in this case, a record contract through their respective record labels. No one is getting the proverbial shaft... at least not without prior knowledge of it.

yo

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    okay folks. i understand but the mcdonald's analogy is a bad one. first, not everyone can make the music to have a contract thru their record label. the buisness is unfair

anyone can be a mccdonald's employee. with the music trade, a special skill is required.
    Last edited by phoetriu; 12-04-2008 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    @phoetriu

I also think that the RIAA has always been a greedy organization.
    They place themselves between the thing that moves emotions (music) just to get the money out of it.
    Last edited by Sonnentier; 12-04-2008 at 09:09 PM.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Trying to justify crime is just stupid, even if you are actually doing it.
    Last edited by phosphors; 12-04-2008 at 10:59 PM.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnentier View Post
    @phoetriu

I also think that the RIAA has always been a greedy organization.
    They place themselves between the thing that moves emotions (music) just to get the money out of it.
    It's a business.

The RIAA represents the major record labels in the USA. Those are the ones who are profiting from album sales. They are in business to make money just like everyone else. They aren't a predatory business or even close to it.

If their clients are successful, everyone involved makes a lot of money.
    Last edited by Skizo; 12-04-2008 at 10:09 PM.

yo