Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merlin's portal down?

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Anyone know why? This is what is says on the site

The Site is offline until further notice. If you need a fix of NZB files a suggest use ********* as a good alternative, if your a member there advise them they might get
    a lot of traffic from here. :-)

We tried to keep the site online so no one would be inconvenienced in anyway but for members security I have decided to put site offline until whenever.
    Merlin

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hmm does not sound good at all. :/

I use the site suggested and not MP, but that sucks for anyone who is a fan.

Got some info third hand from the matrix supposedly from Merlin...

"Some sort of security breach I think, there is some sort of re director being injected into the site sending members to a Trojan site. Been working on this for about a week and beefed the security up so high but it is still happening.

The site will be back once the issue is resolved fully and so members didn't get caught on those lame so called nzb sites I redirected them to the matrix were at least there gonna get a good level of service and files."
    Last edited by basilhaydens; 12-04-2008 at 11:06 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    That is a shame. I defintely hope they come back up since I would hate to see any indexing site go offline. Detale, Merlins Portal your most used nzb site? I've done searches there in the past and never found what they need. Maybe I'll give them another shot when they come back.

And what is the sites name that merlins portal is refering to that people use when they're down?

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    ***matrix, I'm sure you can guess the first three letters...

It is a great site with over 100,000 posts.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Bad news, also newzbin suspended existing reports because of mpa, really bad news.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    It is back online.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Yeah it is, but still doesn't have a lot of the stuff I'm looking for. Unfortunately I still think Newzleecher is the best.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Yeah it is, but still doesn't have a lot of the stuff I'm looking for. Unfortunately I still think Newzleecher is the best.
    It really isn't fair to compare the two though to be honest. Merlin's is an NZB hosting site similar to the basic likes of our NZB section here on the forum. Newzleech is a Usenet search engine.

A better comparison would be Binsearch to Newzleech. While Binsearch isn't terrible, it hardly compares to Newzleech which has the dumbed down "Posts" search, it automatically finds and attaches PARs to your NZB download even if you didn't find and select them, it returns more results, and it's just plain easier to read.

yo

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Yeah, I know it wasn't a fair comparison. I just can't help comparing every nzb indexing site that I try out to Newzleech though. It' s just a bad habit. I think the best indexing site I've found so far is nzbsrus, in my opinion of course. That site has had a lot of the files I was searching for.

But it looks like Newzleech is always going to be my default stop for searching. It's even better now after the search tips you gave me. I do like the nzb sites more though just because of the categories, and I think everything is easier to read too. Newzleech can sometimes be a little intimidating for me sometimes since I get so many results at once.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Yeah I prefer indexing sites where I can just browse movies/dvd and tv/dvd and see what I want. Maybe I'm just used to that from torrent sites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast