Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FLAC Tracker?

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johhn View Post
    all music trackers are very hard to seed,so if you are so keen on dling all the big flac on those trackers as soon as you get in,
    Pedro's is extremely easy to seed on. All he needs to do is what you do at any new site. Jump on the newly uploaded torrents and let them seed. Pedro's is the only music site I belong where I have no problems seeding everything I take back to 1:1.

The samething applies to TT. It's extremely easy to seed. You grab the new stuff to build a comfortable buffer, then you're able to download whatever you want. And if I remember correctly, STmusic was pretty easy to seed at as well(let my account go inactive).

So actually, the only hard to seed music sites that I belong to are What/Waffles(I have no idea how seeding is at E, Elektronik, etc since I'm not a member). And ratio can easily be taken care of there by simply uploading music. But yeah, I know, most people won't do this. Grabbing all the new stuff from these two sites and buffering from it just doesn't work well.
    Yeah I'm not exactly sure why, but something is wrong with what/waffles. I think the fact that 3GB uploaded is in the 39th percentile says a lot of bad things about a site that's been open for over a year and has 70000+ members...I think they need to change their system.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Popov's Avatar n00b
    What . There's like 74K FLAC-releases.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by basilhaydens View Post
    Yeah I'm not exactly sure why, but something is wrong with what/waffles. I think the fact that 3GB uploaded is in the 39th percentile says a lot of bad things about a site that's been open for over a year and has 70000+ members...I think they need to change their system.
    I think you don't really understand the ranking system on What...

Either way, you can easily become PU within a month or two, even with an average 50kb up. Just seed everything 24/7 forever and upload lots of your own FLAC/V0 rips.
    feels good, man

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigel9 View Post
    I think you don't really understand the ranking system on What...

Either way, you can easily become PU within a month or two, even with an average 50kb up. Just seed everything 24/7 forever and upload lots of your own FLAC/V0 rips.
    How does my point express a misunderstanding of the ranking system which is really simple percentiles? Downloading 6GB puts you over the 55 percentile, which is crazy even for the small file sizes. I did this on a new account in a month btw.

My point is that nobody uses the tracker enough, which is why 3gbs is a decent percentile because people seed forever and many noobs with seedboxes make it difficult when they have 100gb++++ buffers...

That site should not use a standard ratio system or should prevent overseeding.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    How does my point express a misunderstanding of the ranking system which is really simple percentiles?
    My bad, seems like I didn't understand it till now.

If you want to discuss this further, I'd suggest you look up some of Oorzas threads on tracker economy on What. For example this one: /forums.php?page=1&action=viewthread&threadid=13838
    feels good, man

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4

My point is that nobody uses the tracker enough,

That site should not use a standard ratio system or should prevent overseeding.
    Agreed. I wish they would either implement a very generous bonus system(like IPT's, TTi's or Tophos's bonus system's), a seed point mod like BC's, are just go ratio free but with a rule that you have to keep your torrent actively seeding for a quite a while.

But I don't see them ever doing any of these types of things. It's just flat out hard to get a nice upload without uploading your own torrents. And because of this I only use the site when I absolutely have to.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    ... keep in mind the economic perspective, THEIR economic perspective.
    that's why...

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Because their economic perspective in a BitTorrent Sharing sense really isn't worth squat.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, on E there's no need and Pedro's do it great. It's all about those other two.
    Last edited by Blue_Skies; 12-07-2008 at 05:55 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Popov View Post
    And how many of those are proper?

60.000 have a log

51.000 have a cue

Now how many of those are proper offset and other settings... oh and not dupes.

I'm sure that number will go down a bit.. unfortunately. I would like nothing more than a tracker of that size, which I could actually trust. That is not the case right now. I first download the log to see, then the rest of the torrent if good.

Same thing with non WI rips on Waffles.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Popov's Avatar n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Popov View Post
    And how many of those are proper?

60.000 have a log

51.000 have a cue

Now how many of those are proper offset and other settings... oh and not dupes.

I'm sure that number will go down a bit.. unfortunately. I would like nothing more than a tracker of that size, which I could actually trust. That is not the case right now. I first download the log to see, then the rest of the torrent if good.

Same thing with non WI rips on Waffles.
    Yeah, you're right, but I always found what I'm looking for...
    Last edited by Skizo; 12-07-2008 at 08:53 AM. Reason: removed deleted post and quote

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast