Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: banned for posting my email address!

BANNED BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    How do i get a ban till next year just for posting my email address when a guy was asking to contact me?

Someone please review my infractions.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by DikTation
    crios,
    i'm not sure if you sent it to the right email address.

my email was [email protected]
    Your account is already set to "Moderation" for attempting to conduct sales on the site. In many cases that would be grounds for an immediate ban. However, it appears that you had some "normal" posts before this advertising trend so you were merely warned. You did it again and were put on moderation by a site admin. After seeing yet another attempt at completing a sale, you received an infraction from me.

• The rules you agreed to upon signing up clearly prohibit such posting.
    • One of the sticky threads in the Seedbox section clearly defines advertising as against the rules.
    • The infraction you recently received from one of the admins here which instituted an indefinite status of requiring every post you make to be reviewed and approved or denied by a staff member prior to being visible to any public member also clearly outlined exactly what the rules are regarding such behavior.

However, here you are continuing to attempt to conduct sales again.

Also, you are not "banned" or you wouldn't be posting. Your account is merely set to moderation as defined above.
    Last edited by Skizo; 12-06-2008 at 03:28 AM.

yo

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Well i have disable previlieges for posting my email address...

the reason i posted my email address was because the guy said he contacted me when he hadn't so i thought he might of had the wrong email. He also did not have PM's set so i could not PM him.

I understand the warning in the first place from the first admin.
    But your infraction Skizo i believe is unfair as i did not post a link to a advertising site or post a advertisement it was just a email address which i see a lot of email address posted in the forums and they never get disabled privliges or any type of warning i believe.

So what i am saying is yes i understand the first warning and i believe i did cut down on the spamming but i never knew posting a email address was against forum rules?

hope you can see what i am trying to say.

Thank you

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    [email protected]

am i advertising pepsi yes or no mr seedboxsalesman.
    Last edited by Alien5; 12-06-2008 at 04:03 AM.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Posting an email addy is not against the rules. You're correct in that assumption and that as a whole, many other members post them. However, you posted in a thread which was created by you for the sole purpose of advertising and selling seedboxes, and the email address was "seedboxsales@...".

The name of the email address shows it is obviously for the unique purpose of garnering seedbox sales.

So you tell me, honestly - Were you posting that email for the sake of sales? Of course you were.
    Last edited by Skizo; 12-06-2008 at 04:06 AM.

yo

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Close this shit , who cares what Dicktakinguptheass says .

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Sometimes users like diktation find that FST has a user base that may be beneficial to them. Kicking someone out the door for something that may be fixable with a bit of discussion isn't always the best method.

Should he decide that a small banner at the top of the page would be beneficial, I'd be more than willing to remove the infraction limiting his account with the understanding that his ad could speak for itself and there would be no more need to post adverts.

yo

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Sometimes users like diktation find that FST has a user base that may be beneficial to them. Kicking someone out the door for something that may be fixable with a bit of discussion isn't always the best method.

Should he decide that a small banner at the top of the page would be beneficial, I'd be more than willing to remove the infraction limiting his account with the understanding that his ad could speak for itself and there would be no more need to post adverts.
    OK i dont knw how the things work here but in the top indian forums before you advertise your stuff you need to register with them as official dealer and pay a monthly/yearly fee. It usually happens in the forums that have a huge userbase as it saves them the trouble of advertising through independent channels. But then they have a different Buy/Sell section in which they(dealers) have other privilages also. Since FST dsnt have a Buy/Sell section such advertising should not be allowed unlesss a premium for it is paid . Other pain in the arse way(which will never happen) is that
    FST can have a Buy/Sell section and can totally prohibit posting such info/deals in other sections to mantain uniformity.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post

OK i dont knw how the things work here but in the top indian forums before you advertise your stuff you need to register with them as official dealer and pay a monthly/yearly fee. It usually happens in the forums that have a huge userbase as it saves them the trouble of advertising through independent channels. But then they have a different Buy/Sell section in which they(dealers) have other privilages also. Since FST dsnt have a Buy/Sell section such advertising should not be allowed unlesss a premium for it is paid . Other pain in the arse way(which will never happen) is that
    FST can have a Buy/Sell section and can totally prohibit posting such info/deals in other sections to mantain uniformity.
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/adservices.php we won't give any ad space for free

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15

Its still spam but good point . I like Rossco's idea , charge for it . I'll just block it with Adblock . Every ones happy .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast