Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 0day with most releases?

Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Well on sites like Scc and Sct yep. They have only scene material, therefore its only the scene that rip and release it. Although the scene state they don't want their releases on any p2p site, Scc's pretimes are simply too good to be P2L. They even get certain tv episodes before pre (Difference of 10-20 secs of the database updating the releases).

Anyhow Scc and Sct have a crap load of stuff but for content and the ability to seed easily TL is pretty decent. Although MP3 releases aren't uploaded immediately they are usually uploaded within 24 hours as some sort of pack.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    lol@ before pre. thanks i thought as much, the scene vs the scene.

Yeah i used TL for a while, not bad but i prefer The Design of SCT & RevTT more, i can't stand light lettering on black backgrounds.
    Last edited by Alien5; 12-06-2008 at 03:42 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    When I said popular releases, I meant that this is a very popular movie, Fight Club, being released in true 1080p for the first time (not that the group is popular). It can be argued that its not true 1080p, but lets keep that aside. So you say that not all groups get their releases to all topsites, which results in many releases not being uploaded automatically. That's fair enough, but if that is the case, then that makes me all the more curious as to what isn't making it to these trackers and where can I go to find it

Racing is by bittorent trackers, and it has nothing to do with the rippers of the scene really.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    When you say true 1080p, you don't mean a release by CtrlHD or Eureka? These groups are purely p2p, although they do release some awesome stuff.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    I thought I said let's keep that discussion aside ;-)
    but fine, sure, the scene doesn't give you a truly transparent encode at 1080p, but its still still a 1080p rip of a proper 1080p Blu-ray source. CtrlHD, EuRekA, and all the other p2p groups are definitely more transparent to source and are preferred, but the scene puts out stuff faster and some people prefer the convenience that it offers.

Now back to topic...

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBronJames View Post

Racing is by bittorent trackers, and it has nothing to do with the rippers of the scene really.
    i don't think that's correct, racing started in the scene.

trackers race each other becuse some of them are really part of the scene. read H&K's posts up there. ^^

they write in the NFO's that they hate bit-torrent to make the rest of the scene think they are not in P2P.
    Last edited by Alien5; 12-06-2008 at 03:50 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    I thought I said let's keep that discussion aside ;-)
    but fine, sure, the scene doesn't give you a truly transparent encode at 1080p, but its still still a 1080p rip of a proper 1080p Blu-ray source. CtrlHD, EuRekA, and all the other p2p groups are definitely more transparent to source and are preferred, but the scene puts out stuff faster and some people prefer the convenience that it offers.

Now back to topic...
    I thought that was the kind of release you were looking for, i've seen the whole debate wayyy too much

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post

i don't think that's correct, racing started in the scene.

trackers race each other becuse some of them are really part of the scene. read H&K's posts up there. ^^

they write in the NFO's that they hate bit-torrent to make the rest of the scene think they are not in P2P.
    You only have to look at THS which is both a torrent site and a scene release group to realise that both coexist.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by H&K View Post
    Scc's pretimes are simply too good to be P2L. They even get certain tv episodes before pre (Difference of 10-20 secs of the database updating the releases).
    lol. H&K i've worked with staff far to much with SCC. so i know exactly how everything works and even have a lot of the code used for things *shrugs*.

your speculation is in the right direction but it stretches to far out. the reason SCC gets releases 'before pre' is because their pre database sucks. actually, i don't know of a torrent site with a decent pre database. one of the older db i worked on in the past gets most pres listed nearly about 20 seconds before SCC does or any torrent site for that matter so when you see the next shiny LOL rls on X 0day p2p torrent site and it says 33sec from pre stack on another 12 seconds or so for a more accurate pre time.

and so you know how the rls are on sites like scc so quickly is because lets say x rls is 300MB then that takes 3 seconds to transfer to the seedbox and less than a second to make the .torrent and then less than a second to up to the bt site's db so using a gigabit box it goes at around 100MB/s and the bigger the file size of the rls the longer it takes to hit that bt site. aka 100MB x rls hits x topsite at 30sec and 9.6GB x rls hits topsite at 30seconds. which one will hit the torrent site first? the 100MB rls will hit at about 32sec and the 9.6GB one will hit about 3 minutes after pre yet they both hit the topsite at the same time. it just takes that long to make the .torrent to get to the torrent site.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12