Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Do I Wipe My Hard Drive

HELP.I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY WINDOWS XP AND INSTALLING NEW DRIVER FOR A PRINTER AND DVD \RW IS IT POSSIBLE TO COMPLETLY WIPE MY HARD DRIVE AND REINSTALL WINDOWS XP AGAIN

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Yes it is possible, as long as you have the XP set up disk or disks. Just make sure you back up any data that you do not want to lose.

You might want to describe the problem you are having, in more detail. There are alot of helpful, knowledgeable people here. You might not have to do a clean install.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    HI I CANT INSTALL ANY DRIVERS FOR MY NEW PRINTER OR DVD /RW ALSO THE PC WONT SHUT DOWN ITS FOREVER FREEZING I WAS WONDERING IF I TOOK EVERYTHING OF AND REINSTALLED IT WOULD THIS SOLVE THE PROBLEM? WINDOWS XP HAD WORKED WELL UNTIL RECENTLY DONT KNOW WHATS GONE WRONG MAYBE THE KIDS HAVE DELETED SOME FILES THEY SHOULDNT HAVE BUT I HAVNT A CLUE WHERE TO START .SO I THOUGHT IF I GET RID OF EVERY THING AND START AGAIN THIS WOULD MAYBE SOLVE THE PROBLEM.BUT ITS WHERE TO START

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    AND ALSO WHEN WINDOWS XP STARTS UP IT TELLS ME THAT C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SYSTEM32.EXE IS MISSING STRANGE ITS NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    hmmm....not sure but might be a virus....do you have an antivirus? which one? is it up-to-date with its definitions?

DWk

ps: well when i have a problem wit my machine i usually just reformat it (which is what you want to do), but i dont have problems mostly..

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I USE NORTON SYSTEM WORKS AND I DID GET THE THE BLASTER WORM VIRUS BUT I MANAGED TO GET RID OF IT THROUGH A LINK WITH SYMANTEC .HOW DO I FORMAT THE DRIVE AND WILL THIS SOLVE THE PROBLEM? GOD I HOPE SO ANY HELP IS REALLY APPRECIATED IM NOT USED TO PROBLEM WITH THE PC IM NOT VERY GOOD WHEN PROBLEMS ARISE

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    here you go...this one i used the first time....u do it one time then u dont worry about next times...

http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/clean_install.htm

have fun

DWk

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    AntiVirus dont do shit

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Here is a link to a guide to re-installing windows xp, it includes pictures. So it may be easier to follow.
    http://www.blackviper.com/Articles/OS/Inst...tallxphome1.htm

It may seem a bit complicated, but it isn't really.
    Just follow the on screen instructions.

Once you have re-installed windows xp, it may be a good idea to keep an admin account with a password for yourself and limited accounts for your children.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Cygnuz-Y@10 September 2003 - 01:26
    AntiVirus dont do shit
    riight... once u get another virus and u gotta reformat...u gonna pray u had an AV....n0ob

DWk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast