Thread: Bt Freezing My Comp

can anyone tell me how to check what my network driver is? I went to device manager and my dialup driver says somthing like WINDOWS/SYSTEM/NDIS.VXD. I ask this because i have read that you need to apply a new FA311 driver if u use netgear but i don't think i use netgear. i have a problem of a torrent downloading then freezing my connection after a period of time. i run windowsME and have a 56k i usually dl off of burst or the experimental client. anyone know what i'm talking about to help?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    anyone know what i'm talking about?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    muchspl2
    start->programs->accessories->system tools->system info
    and should just get shadows client, best out
    http://home.elp.rr.com/tur/download.html

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    i prefer azureus
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    muchspl2
    I&#39;v gotten really fast speeds with azurezus, but for a noob it would overwleam them with options settings & just the overall display
    I do like how it showes you the dance of packets between all the computers, its really amazing how bt works & azurezus shows you the inter workings
    it just uses to much, when your seeding several torrents & downloading @ the same time it just uses to much resources, shadows otoh I can have 8 torrents running @ once with the least amout of processor use
    hats off to Bram cohen

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    i find that most bitt clients put a lot more stress on my ram than my cpu
    generally approx 20MB of ram per download/upload
    only 1 or 2% cpu per download/upload though

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    BT does that get use to it. Thats why it sucks.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker@6 September 2003 - 01:27
    BT does that get use to it. Thats why it sucks.
    yeah, bitt has been like this even from the first clients i tried a while ago
    i&#39;m gonna get another 512meg of ram sometime anyway, so it&#39;s not a real problem for me

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    thanks for recommeding Azureus 3rd gen noob...i downloaded it a couple days ago and have not have the problem of freezing ever since i like the layout of it a lot too, everyone should try it.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yep BT uses up alot of resources happens to me too