Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steam And Cs 1.6

Poster
    hi guys i need some help here. first of all i have dialup so bare with me and dont go and tell me to download some 500mb file to fix it lol. ok here it goes.

i downloaded cs 1.6 overnight, and it sais *READY TO PLAY* but when i start the game and choose find server and try to join it just sits there for a very very long time and does nothing. also when i go into the folders, eg: c:/programfiles/steam/steamapps/username/counter-strike, it has the folders like models and maps n stuff and cstrike but they are all empty!. ive downloaded it about 5 times and it doesnt seem to work. so is there any way if someone can zip there entire cs1.6 steam thingy and share it on kazaa for me ?

2. Games   -   #2
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    same problem with me

it just stop responding during loading

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

3. Games   -   #3
    go to the monitor slide on the green layout and you will see that stuff is still downloading.

and when the game frezze it isnt frozen it is just download some more things. You have to wait a while.
    I have Mordens Audio Hack PLEZ stop emailing me

4. Games   -   #4
    on dail-up if it is freezing just exit steam. Sart it up and leave steam on for a night

Remember this is after the first dwonload is compleate and the unoticeable download is going on in the background

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    ooh crap!, how much mb is left to download after the first download thingy is finished ? cause i have dialup and i cant really resume things! and if its like 500mb then theres no point of dialup ppl even trying to download this.

so can someone pelase zip it up for me?

6. Games   -   #6
    not 500mb just let it say on a night

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    ok im dialup, but what should i do again ?.

just leave steam running for a night ?

8. Games   -   #8
    yes if it dosent work after another night of downloading then it wont work on your comp

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    it wont work because my pc to slow ? or just because or someting else ??..

can someone pelase zip the whole thing and share it on kazaa for me! PLEASE!..
    if someone can do that for me, and if it works, i will give you some counter-strike cd keys! that work online! ok?? ..

my pc is,

athlon xp2000+
    512mbddr ram
    gffx5600 128mb ddr card.

so it should work.

10. Games   -   #10
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars

the ting is on www.steampowered.com

but they won't let anyone dl it now, cuz they r puting the not-free version on. i hate how i have to get a real cd key now. damn it. i'll eat those fuckheads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast