Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Someone's Trying To Connect To My Computer

Your topic has nothing to do with "off topic". It's a software configuration issue.
    As in connections through software, false positives reported by software, etc.
    Ok, thanks for clearing up your reason for moving my topic. I thought you were just trying to be a jerk, and it got me POed. Honestly though, I posted in off-topic thinking that it was a general question that didn't fit anywhere else, my bad.

then you probably did not have it setup properly if you have never had this before.
    I've got warnings such as servers/programs accessing the internet, but this is a different type of warning, reguarding TCP and UDP Ports. But this pretty much sums it up...
    if zonealarm block it then screw it your safe
    and he's right, I'm getting hyped over nothing probably.

Thanks for all the responses, and sorry if i ticked anyone off

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    wormless's Avatar Beauty

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    you should know that the computer trying to connect to yours is more than likely a computer inffected by a worm/trojen/backdoor type program randomly scanning for open ports and os vulnerabilties, so even if you get their isp's info and report them its probably not going to make any difference,- where it came from

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    Yeah, something to think about, If it's not just a false positive, if you start tracing probes, it let's the attacker know that there is indeed someone there and not just another dead IP. Kinda like answering the phone when you know it's a telphone solicitor. Except these people are NOT telephone solicitors, they are sometimes hardcore wierdo's who would love to mess up your computer and your life.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    they are sometimes hardcore wierdo's who would love to mess up your computer and your life.
    you worry me sometimes balamn

still if you use these online serives it does not give your ip addy and they have probably just scanned a rather large amount of addies. so they wil never kmow it was you.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Heh. My ZoneAlarm log from yesterday is 203KB. That's 2290 alerts... in one day. Of course, I'm on broadband.

Welcome to the internet...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12