Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which is the best?

Hi people. I want seedbox from ovh. I want kimsufi 2XL but i do not know which series is the best. I want unlimited traffic and good speed for all 3 moths Standart,traffic or burstable s.?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    And have i unlimited traffic and 100mbit for all time or no? I do not understand this:

Limit and excess (monthly)
    Bandwidth at 95%:
    OVH to Internet 10 Mbps
    In the event of exceeding 95%, the bandwidth is limited to:
    OVH to Internet
    (Peering) 100mbit
    OVH to Internet
    (Transit) Not guaranteed between 11am and 1am.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    my confusing part is ''Bandwidth at 95%''
    how they work out the 95%, what's the period they base the caculations on, every 24 hours / 3 days or a week ???
    I still have the old contract on L,NON SLA,expiring soon, what would happen if I renew it? same old price (14.99+VAT) ? same policy or new policy ?
    any1 know any good unmetered sevices ? at least as good as server.lu but cheaper or without set up fee.
    Last edited by johhn; 12-07-2008 at 08:16 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Srry but i do not understand. Is it unlimited traffic or no? Can i upload about 5TB for a month and still i will have 100mbit? Or my speed will be slowly?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Filthy Ripper
    Speed is recalculated on daily basis, if you've been loading your bandwidth of 10Mbps at 95%, the next day you stay at 100Mbps max for peering and 10Mbps max for transit. This is for Standard. As long as you keep using your bandwidth more than 95%, bandwidth limits apply.

Anyway, I have found this post very useful to undestand wtf it's all about: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1199
    Last edited by UncleBob; 12-08-2008 at 12:46 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    kudos unclebob, that link you have explained everything clearly!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
    Speed is recalculated on daily basis, if you've been loading your bandwidth of 10Mbps at 95%, the next day you stay at 100Mbps max for peering and 10Mbps max for transit. This is for Standard. As long as you keep using your bandwidth more than 95%, bandwidth limits apply.
    Anyway, I have found this post very useful to undestand wtf it's all about: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1199
    thanks for the link, didnt think about that forum despite being a kimsufi customer.silly me.
    all the prices from the hosts and resellers seem quite high atm after ovh changed their price and policy, still looking for some good unmetered deals like old kimsufi plans. dont wanna set up fee, any recommendations ? I dont think I can that question in kimsufi forum, can I ?
    cheers

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    What is better?

Seedhost.eu
    Dedicated servers - ST XL
    http://seedhost.eu/whmcs/order.php?step=2&pid=3

or kimsufi 2XL?

I know that seedhost is more expensive but............i want know that is there same limits with upload?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I think seedhost is reseller from ovh so probably same thing , not sure tho .

Also been looking for a new good reliable seedbox and not too sure what i'm going to do yet
    Last edited by zoidberg; 12-08-2008 at 03:47 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    I know that seedhost is reseller of ovh but some people tell me that seedhost do not downgrade speed. You can transfer a lot of TB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast