Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Longhorn M5 4029 Leaked

Last night, build 4029 of Microsoft's next big thing, Windows code-named "Longhorn", was leaked to the web by the gang over at #betas on irc.ufnet.org... Despite for the fact that it was compiled back in June, this is still the latest milestone-build of Longhorn that ever surfaced outside Microsoft's campus.

The most noticeable changes compared to the previously leaked build 4015 are an somewhat enhanced sidebar as well as minor improvements that have been made throughout the infamous Plex-skin... Sorry folks, no Aero yet!
    Source

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    I still dont get it, why would someone install a BETA OS? this longhorn versions are shit and VERY unstable!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    cool.....i dont want to install it though but could you find a skin of this

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I just LOVE what they've done to the "Sample Pictures" folder!

Can't wait to upgrade...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    how reliable is this? how unstable is this? i heard longhorn crashes a lot. help me out. i might dl it if it's not that bad

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    This longhorn or whatever that is seems to be a RAM keeper. I've never tried but im imagining that like xp it will be.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I'll slowly go through everyone's questions:

{I}{K}{E}: Some people, like me, like to collect betas. We also would like to run it every once in a while, to see changes in the new OS leaks.

stupidguy: Go here to get a theme for your OS that looks liek Longhorn. The skin is for XP, and make sure your uxtheme file is cracked so that it can use any type of skin, or that you're using StyleXP.

clocker: The final OS comes out in 2005. You'll have to wait awhile...

abu_has_the_power: If you're gonna run this as a primary OS, then I suggest that this isn't for you. Longhorn is really unstable at the moment. If you do want to run this, then you should make a second partition on your hard-drive and install it on there.

Cataracho: No this will not be like XP. Longhorn will have many improvements to it like the sidebar, and it replaces explorer.exe with a new program called Aero, which gives the OS a completely different look.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Its on Emule ,just check on Sharelive.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    god damn it shareholder another great post, damn tho 2005 i want it now now

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by slammy_dunken@16 September 2003 - 00:19
    I'll slowly go through everyone's questions:

{I}{K}{E}: Some people, like me, like to collect betas. We also would like to run it every once in a while, to see changes in the new OS leaks.

stupidguy: Go here to get a theme for your OS that looks liek Longhorn. The skin is for XP, and make sure your uxtheme file is cracked so that it can use any type of skin, or that you're using StyleXP.

clocker: The final OS comes out in 2005. You'll have to wait awhile...

abu_has_the_power: If you're gonna run this as a primary OS, then I suggest that this isn't for you. Longhorn is really unstable at the moment. If you do want to run this, then you should make a second partition on your hard-drive and install it on there.

Cataracho: No this will not be like XP. Longhorn will have many improvements to it like the sidebar, and it replaces explorer.exe with a new program called Aero, which gives the OS a completely different look.
    wow dude hey i have virtual pc/machine can i run this?

if i can run it could you tell me how to get a hold of the beta os?

thx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast