Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems With An Iso

I just downloaded a Max Payne ISO. When I burn it to a CD-R using Nero everything burns correctly. And it seems like evrything install correctly when I install it. Except that at the very end when I click finish I get an error message that says:

"The instruction at 0x772200e4 referenced memory at 0x001634d8. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program."

And when I try to play the game another error message appears that says Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application.

I've tried reburning it, uninstalling and then reinstalling, everything I can think of but the outcome is still the same. Does anyone know anything I can do to fix this? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Where did you get the iso, as it may be corrupt.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I got it off of Bittorent. Man I hope it isn&#39;t corupt because if it is that makes two copies of Max Oayne that I&#39;ve gotten from Bittorent that were corupted.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    weird.. it shouldnt be, ive never gotten a torrent that was corrupt.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    try burning the cd at a slow speed, sometimes when you do it too fast error&#39;s creap in.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    sounds like copy protection was not removed when the iso was created. if that is the case then nothing can be done.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by konnie@10 September 2003 - 01:23
    sounds like copy protection was not removed when the iso was created. if that is the case then nothing can be done.
    Yea i guess that can happen, i mean the suprnova guys cant test every file?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Well I&#39;ve kinda got it to work. I downloaded a No CD crack from Kazaa and when I moved the icon to the Max Payne folder it would play the opening movie and send me to the start screen. But when I clicked on new game or tutorila it would start to load maybe about half of the level then it would send me back to my desktop. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    So does anyone know? If not thats okay I would just liek to get this thing working. I don&#39;t want to have to delete a 600+MB file that took me all night to download.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Well if it installs fine, and starts to run the copy should be ok.

So here comes the usuals - driver, soundcard all drivers new and up to date.

there is also a patched released for the game, check that out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast