Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Sprocket Resurfaces...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Those have that real wide mount and pivot, I think; just guessing, a length of round stock to spear them both would probably be a good start.

Have you loaded Win7 64 yet?

I got shut out on the Microsoft offering - I think I was a bit late; server overloaded, then they just seemed to shut it down.

I do have the torrent version, though, and I'll probably go with that - just waiting for a few other things to finish.

I'm gonna guess, too, that it'll take/use most of the appropriate Vista 64 drivers/progs?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Software & Hardware   -   #122
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Oh yeah baby, been on x64 for a few days now. I do have both versions- official MS and leaked torrent- of both 32 and 64 .ISOs...will probably reinstall using the MS version tomorrow, just to see if anything changed.

You won't need many drivers- Win 7 installed on my RAID array and discovered almost all my hardware without intervention.
    Probably just the Intel .inf and maybe the sound.
    Vista drivers work fine.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #123
    Excellent.

Waiting for the MS DL to start ATM.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Software & Hardware   -   #124
    During this lull in actual construction- not really much to do ATM- I've been playing with the config of the dual monitors.

First thing I did was relocate the Win7 taskbar to the left side of the screen, which freed up a bit of space for forum viewing.
    Then I noticed that most of the fori that I frequent had all sorts of deadspace on the sides and thought of repositioning my main display in portrait mode to kill the lost space and maximize the useable area.

Unfortunately, these IBM monitors don't rotate but since they use a standard VESA mount- which is thankfully symmetrical- I was able to simply unbolt the display from the stand and reinstall in the desired mode.
    This more or less killed the nice even layout of the desk but seems to make for a much more productive workspace.

Here is one of my patented dark and blurry pics of the layout now...

And here is a screen grab of FST as displayed on both monitors.
    Note the diffence in the number of threads displayed between the two positions...

I just did this yesterday and am still coming to grips with it but I think I'll end up liking this layout a lot.

That is all.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #125
    Hmmm.

I kinda like that.

Might have to buy another monitor.

Hey, why don't you put the other one in portrait mode, too?

You'll get your symmetry back, and you might like that.

Just a thought.

-Mark Twain

6. Software & Hardware   -   #126
    Yhe normal one-landscape mode- is good for watching movies.
    And stuff.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #127
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Oh yeah baby, been on x64 for a few days now. I do have both versions- official MS and leaked torrent- of both 32 and 64 .ISOs...will probably reinstall using the MS version tomorrow, just to see if anything changed.

You won't need many drivers- Win 7 installed on my RAID array and discovered almost all my hardware without intervention.
    Probably just the Intel .inf and maybe the sound.
    Vista drivers work fine.
    Haven't been in here in a few days. Looks odd Clocker, I don't know if I could get used to it though. Have you tried the extended mode at all?

Oh I did have to install the raid drivers on mine dunno why no biggie I was prepared for it this time

8. Software & Hardware   -   #128
    I needed to install the drivers again to get the Matrix storage console but W7 saw the array (therefore, had the basic driver) without help from me.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #129
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Hmmm. For me it didn't see the array at all until I installed them form a USB stick. I was using the 32 bit "acquired" version, I plan on reinstalling the 64 genuine version soon, Ive just been sick and lazy lately

10. Software & Hardware   -   #130
    I know it worked for J2 without drivers also...your version may have been doctored or something.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast