Thread: Internal Error?

im having trouble removing avg pro-keep getting this message:-erroe: internal error. setup parameter runonceparam is not defined. help please

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    runonceparam <--- sounds like a registry problem have you tried to reinstall the prog then ttry to uninstall again?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    yes mate tried that - no good.whats onceparam?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    ahh ok im half asleep here so this prob wont come out in the registry you can have things that run at start up or there is also a key for runonce... if you still have the prob when i wake i will help more but at the monet all i can sugest is(keeping in mind i am tired here) if worst comes to worst try deleting any reg keys to do with avg then try to install and uninstall, i am sorry i could not be of more help at the moment

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I had the same problem. If you mucked about with AVG entries or the registry, reinstall AVG completely. If you did NOT muck about with AVG entries or the registry, start to reinstall AVG & a option will be presented to uninstall. That will work ONLY if you HAVE&#39;NT mucked about with AVG entries or the registry. Otherwise rinse & repeat. lol.