Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Sci-fi Show

BANNED
    star trek voyager

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    anyone seen special unit 2, the one with two cops and that little leprechaun kind of guy. Okay it may be far featched to the hilt but i always watch that one

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    Originally posted by The Horror fanatic@12 September 2003 - 09:22
    anyone seen special unit 2, the one with two cops and that little leprechaun kind of guy. Okay it may be far featched to the hilt but i always watch that one
    Yeah, I saw that! That show was pretty cool but those idiots at UPN cancelled it after the 2nd season, I think.

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    Mr. Peabody's Avatar Poster
    Sliders
    Stargate
    The Twilight Zone
    The Outer Limits
    Quantum Leap
    X-Files -good show
    Lost in Space-childhood favorite
    Suffering from a wet dream, no it's just me I had to pee.

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    Babylon 5 is by a long long way the best Sci Fi show ever written. Massive arc plots that are central themes (as opposed to crutches for the moral dilemma issues that Star Trek loves) spanning five series. It had simply never been done before- comparable to the impact Lord of the Rings had on fantasy, it set a new standard. Which hasn't been lived up to as of yet. Slow to start off with, the momentum builds and you get sucked right in. Absolutely brilliant.

Other worthy mentions for me are:

X Files
    Dark Skies
    Brimstone (but not sure if that counts as Sci Fi)
    V
    Star Trek: The Next Generation (despite what I said above, still pretty good)
    Star Trek: Voyager

And if The X Files floats your boat, then check this out:

http.//www.disclosureproject.com

and download the press conference. It's fairly big (70Mb) but well worth a look. I subscribed on the strength of it, and haven't been disappointed. Mulder could have saved himself a lot of grief if he'd just gone to see Dr. Greer. And they do say truth is stranger than fiction.

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I liked third wave, it kind of reminded me of dark skies. Maybe I'll search for both.

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    Dark Skies was great. Pity it wasn't on very long.

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    stargate

9. Movies & TV   -   #39
    Too many good shows get cancelled because the tv executives (especially in America) decide that they are too intelligent or too deep for the viewers, Brimstone and American Gothic being good examples. Both great shows, but need a degree of brainpower, so cancel them and make another series of drivel instead that hits you over the head with 2 dimensional "plots".

Bastards. :flame:

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    Originally posted by SnnY@15 September 2003 - 13:38
    I liked third wave, it kind of reminded me of dark skies. Maybe I'll search for both.
    r you sure thats not first wave?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast