Thread: Best Small Program....

On of my best small (size) utility I found is StartUpMonior.exe. Takes 212K RAM, 84K HD space. Id does what it say, monitor ur startup and give u the option of allowing a program to insert itself in the startups.

What's urs?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    NeoTweak XP and System Mechanic both have startup editors ( among other things)

I like NeoTweakXP at the moment.

You might also look into a cool little program called WinPatrol which monitors your system and won't let a new program execute without permission. Should something sneak in and try to hijack your browser say, it will stop it and ask you if it's ok.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thx clocker, i didn't mean it as a question for me. instead, maybe having everyone post their best little utility here. that's ok, thank anyways.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Forum Star
    the best little program for me is definitely pixie, you can get it here. its a colour grabber that gives the the rgb, cmyk etc values of any on screen colour. handy as fook

With greater power Pixie is still slim enough and still live in 8Kb only. Deserved software does not have to be huge.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by clocker@10 September 2003 - 14:50
    NeoTweak XP and System Mechanic both have startup editors ( among other things)

I like NeoTweakXP at the moment.

You might also look into a cool little program called WinPatrol which monitors your system and won't let a new program execute without permission. Should something sneak in and try to hijack your browser say, it will stop it and ask you if it's ok.
    Is this only compatible with XP?
    It sounds stoopid, but I can't find owt decent fer't Win 2K.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Sorry, I don't know.

I run XP so that's pretty much all I look for.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    here's another Advisor, this program is smal, free and by far better than any info program i've seen. ul see info collected from all possible sources windows records. i've seen software installed thru registry and never seen them before (no it wasn't an ad).

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    System Mechanic - about 2mb

dose everything; clean regitry, clean dead shortcuts, optimize internet connection, clean junk and obsulete files, customize start up, get rid off ld uninsatllers, also it does everything winbdows washer does, and more.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Ultra WinCleaner 2002

924KB. Cleans temp junk, dead shortcuts, dead registry entries, and more.