Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xp

lowik's Avatar Poster
    Speed Up your performance in Windows XP
    Some people find Windows XP slow and some find it good. But the simple way to boost up your XP is simply right click»»my computer»»click properties»»Advanced»»settings in perfomance»»Adjust for best performance.
    Wait and watch. If you common tasks have gone (the boxes in each folder then go again there and check »» USE COMMON TASKS IN FOLDER.
    -=By [DRN]Piroman=-

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lowik's Avatar Poster
    Speeden up your Booting
    Just edit boot.ini and remove the /fastdetect word. Another way id press win+R. Type msconfig click startup tab. End the processes you do not want. Also do the same with services tab. If BITS is started please turn it off.
    -=By [DRN]Piroman=-

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lowik's Avatar Poster
    Login in Adminsitrator
    today, i found a new security hole in windows XP which is very important to all
    the admins of winXP.Its very easy to bypass the windows XP Admin logon window. When u started yr computer , u got a message something like that:
    Admin or (whatever u make a account!!&#33
    Password: ..... XXX XXXX.........
    some people think that its impossible to break through this, but through this article u can make it easy to break this cripy.
    In order to break the Windows XP admin logon , you simply boot yr computer through Windows 2000 CD and boot up a windows XP box and start windows 2000 recivery Console, its a troubleshooting program.
    Windows XP then allows us to operate victim's computer as an Administrator without a admin password, even if the Administrator account has a strong password. You can also operate other user accounts that may be present on, even if those
    accounts have passwords. Finally u can do anything u want on the victim's computer, copy/delete the files whatever u want .
    -=By [DRN]Piroman=-

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lowik's Avatar Poster
    Remove program from your desktop
    Whenever you have to remove any software/package/program you have to go to control panel then add/remove programe and for that either go to my computer or start menu. My way is the sleekest one. All you have to do is make a new shortcut on ur desktop and set its target to "control.exe appwiz.cpl" there id space between control.exe and appwiz.cpl and write without quotes. this simply would launch Addremove programs wizard
    -=By [DRN]Piroman=-

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lowik's Avatar Poster
    Shutdown Button on Desktop
    Right click on ur Desktop and create new Shortcut and type “C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Shutdown.exe –s” without quotes in the popup box which will appear asking for a path of shortcut . Now when u will double click this shortcut it will give u shutdown message and ur computer will shutdown after some seconds. U can customize ur shutdown button with same icon which original shutdown have Just go to the properties of ur shortcut and click change icon tab select any icon u like and click apply.
    Similarly u can also put restart button on ur desktop just replace –s in above line by –r
    If u don’t want shutdown button on ur desktop u can the go to start >run and type
    Shutdown –s or –r they will do the same job. If someone tries to shutdown u remotely on the net then u can stop shutdown process but typing shutdown –a in Run.
    Shutdown –s = Shutdown & restart
    Shutdown –r = Restart
    Shutdown –a = To abort shutdown
    -=By [DRN]Piroman=-

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lowik's Avatar Poster
    Change Drive Letters in Windows XP
    When you add drives to your computer, such as an extra hard drive, a CD drive, or a storage device that corresponds to a drive, Windows automatically assigns letters to the drives. However, this assignment might not suit your system; for example, you might have mapped a network drive to the same letter that Windows assigns to a new drive. When you want to change drive letters, follow these steps:
    Right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
    Under Computer Management, click Disk Management. In the right pane, you’ll see your drives listed. CD-ROM drives are listed at the bottom of the pane.
    Right-click the drive or device you want to change, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
    Click Change, click Assign the following drive letter, click the drive letter you want to assign, and then click OK.
    -=By [DRN]Piroman=-

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    lowik's Avatar Poster
    Cracking windows xp admin and user passwords.

I hope u guys liked tip given for resetting passwords in first part. If u have guest or limited user account on PC than that control userpasswords2 tip does not help u much. Windows will still ask u admin password for resetting users passwords .

Ok go and Download a tool called CIA COMMANDER this is just what we want. This tool will create a copy protected bootable floppy which will allow u to boot any computer and also help u to get into any NTFS partition .First select floppy as first bootable device from BIOS. CIA shows u every thing to u in GUI.

After booting CIA will allow u to reset any user password even administrator’s password. It also includes a file manager, registry editor and a text/hex editor. Present version of CIA does not support FAT partitions but sooner its new version will even support FAT partition based system.

I have read on some tutorials about a tool called NTFS Pro which looks almost like CIA
    -=By [DRN]Piroman=-

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    and what does this have to do with KL TIPS???

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I dont want to hack it or change it, I want to find the password so the admin dont know I been on.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I may be mistaken, however, I believe this account that you are using in the recovery console can be configured and defined within the parameters of the "user accounts2" applet of XP professional.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast