4 8.70%
  • The thrill of breaking the rules

6 13.04%
  • Its addictive

8 17.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do you trade invites?

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Just wondering what is the reason for most people to trade invites.

I am making a poll for this as well.

Just to get into other sites.

because of the WTAW.

to get a buffered account.

the thrill of breaking the rules.

its addictive.

I have made the poll Multiple Choice as well.
    Last edited by stoi; 12-17-2008 at 01:24 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    bebytza's Avatar be you BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I trade at the beggining for no reason maybe or to have good tracker;s ...now i don't want to heard about this...i will not vote this poll because i don't trade
    Last edited by bebytza; 12-17-2008 at 01:30 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I'd never ever ever do a tracker trade but I kinda enjoy reading the threads. If you make friends in the right channels, most stuff eventually comes your way anyway, or it has for me anyway. But if I were to pick a reason on why people trade, it's relatively obvious that the WTAW is the root of the problem.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    pharaoh's Avatar King of the Desert BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Simple. For some like myself you give people everything that you work your ass off for, for free. But when you ask for something in return no one gives it to you. I am a person who likes to get what I want, and will do anything necessary to get it. I have about everything I want now. But will even trade to get it. What makes trading so wrong? Hell isn't stealing worse? It's sort of funny the anti traders bitch about traders but they have no problems taking free invites from one. It's like pedophiles hating burgalers. HYPOCRITES!!! Maybe you should take a poll of how many people got into high level trackers by trading. Bet it would be close to the people who were invited for free.
    Last edited by pharaoh; 12-17-2008 at 01:37 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    basically, when you're nobody, don't know ways, places and rules and don't have almost nothing, trading is the easiest and most logical way to get what you want here and now. capitalism is all around us, to figure out that there is communism invite wise could take some steps to make
    and then, i think it's obsession that take place.. private bt world can hold different obsessions, so i believe trading is one of them
    about wtaw.. wtaw obsession don't limit itself with trading, there are different kinds of mania and perversions around it

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I would trade to get into a site I want, just because I want to. The whole antitrading rule is bull and I've never seen it so strong except at these forums. For example, I traded to get into TT because begging friends who promised an invite when they got one, but never did and just waiting for over a year was just too much for my patience. Hell if I care that there is a rule against it. There is a rule against smoking weed. There is a rule against infringing copyrighted files. It seems that people here like to enforce those rules that they feel compelled to follow just because they would hate to see someone get ahead quickly and possibly insecurely while they wait patiently being the nice guy.

It is not immoral to trade invites and it is rarely insecure, so antitraders, especially those who post in the trading section, get the fuck over it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well i will be honest, I never made the poll with regards of the WTAW, I put that in as an afterthought lol

it was more for

the thrill of breaking the rules.

for that one if i am going to be honest about it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    pharaoh's Avatar King of the Desert BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I always thought the WTAW levels were way over rated. Remember it's the rarity of the invite not how good the tracker is. Hell I almost traded my first born for FTWR. But once I was in I found out why the rabbit went down the hole in the first place. We need a tracker thread based on how good the tracker is. Not the rarity of invites to these trackers. Because people actually think all the high level trackers are right for them. Like for instance if you don't have a seed box you won't have your account for long. Are you able to wait 15 mins for it to come out on torrentleech?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by pharaoh View Post
    I always thought the WTAW levels were way over rated. Remember it's the rarity of the invite not how good the tracker is. Hell I almost traded my first born for FTWR. But once I was in I found out why the rabbit went down the hole in the first place. We need a tracker thread based on how good the tracker is. Not the rarity of invites to these trackers. Because people actually think all the high level trackers are right for them. Like for instance if you don't have a seed box you won't have your account for long. Are you able to wait 15 mins for it to come out on torrentleech?
    made me laugh, pharaoh. It's true what you say though. If the WTAW was based on content and speed, it'd be a completely different WTAT but it's based on rarity and it's naturally human to desire rarity of some form or another.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Remember: Alot of stuff was rare once that you shouldn't want like aids. Maybe we should put that above where the high level trackers start. LMFAO!!!

Maybe we should make a WTARW (What trackers are really worth) thread. I'll help.
    Last edited by pharaoh; 12-17-2008 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast