Thread: Emule Tip

Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    dont know if anyone else does this, but i always unshare my directory when im downloading a big file, so that all my upload slots go to the people wantin that file, and then i get higher in there que etc, i always seem to get faster downloads this way, anyone else notice this.

as soon as im done i share my directories again, and i have emule running most the time so i aint leeching.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    You can do the same thing by setting the file's priority to 'release' in the shared files window. Same result with less work

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    didnt know that, so thats the easyer way then, and just set it back to auto when ive finished downloading it?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Pretty much. I usually set it to normal instead of auto because some files will be set to release when they're on auto thus taking up upload slots.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    none of mine are on release at the mo anyway.
    but u have to wait for 9mb of the file before it hsows up though

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Yeah I know. It just seems to be easier to wait for 9Mb to come down than to constantly share and unshare loads of stuff. I'm always downloading something so if I did that I would never share anything apart from what I was downloading at the time.

Whatever works best for you I guess.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    im giving it a go with the release way the now, just waiting to get to 9mb