Thread: burning bluray's

zrick's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    What software to use to add .mkv to a bluray disk?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Hold on, are you saying you want to burn an mkv to a blank blu-ray disk?

I guess you can use nero.... but I would think that you wanted to burn blu ray iso's on a blu ray disk. It might be cheaper just to use dvd-dl's for burning most mkv's.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Not really sure as I never wanted to do this but I know tsmuxer will convert a mkv into a bluray file structure and leaves it at its original size, but not sure if you could just burn it to a dvdr or dvd-dl and it would play in a bluray player but dont see why not if its the same as a bluray file structure, If I were you I would try that and if it dont work your only out a dvdr and not a bluray disc.

tsmuxer is free here
    http://smlabs.net/tsmuxer_en.html#

just add the file and check the Create Blu-ray Disc and choose the output path

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    zrick's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    thanks

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    RichardsOffice
    I have been doing exactly what you are asking for some time now and to re-writable 25GB Blu-Ray disks and I’ve never had a failure but the process does take hours, using the aforementioned Tmuxer try to follow these directions and you should be happy. Good luck, regards Richard

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Using tsMuxeR

The process of remuxing the files and authoring the Blu-ray disc is a very simple process using tsMuxeR. through the process the video and audio remain untouched, so the quality is not impacted and the process is very fast.
    Perform the following steps:
    1. Open a .MKV file with AVC/AC3 content using the Add button
    2. Observe the track info for AVC profile information. If it shows a value higher than 4.1, then use the Change level function to adjust it down to 4.1
    3. Choose to Create Blu-ray disk as Output
    4. Click browse button and choose the name and location for your file
    5. Click Start muxing to begin
    As a result a complete Blu-ray file structure is created to your destination folder. Note that this process will increase the file size of your video, so if you have an .MKV file exactly the size of a DVD-R (4.4GB), then it may not fit on the DVD-R in AVCHD format. The next step is to record it using ImgBurn.
    Adding subtitles (19-May-2008 update)
    The version 1.84 of tsMuxeR introduced the support of .SRT subtitle files. If you want to add subtitles to your AVCHD project, then read our new guide: Create AVCHD discs with subtitles using tsMuxeR

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Next you are best to use:- ImgBurn

Use Write files/folders to disc

The recording process for Blu-ray is not very different from regular DVD recording. In Blu-ray file structure there are two root level folders to record, and the file system must be set to UDF 2.50.
    Perform the following steps:
    1. Add folders \BDMV\ and \CERTIFICATE\ to be recorded
    2. Under options choose File System UDF 2.50. Note that this change is persistent, and will be effective next time you start ImgBurn, unless reverted before that. Also be sure to have Recurse Subdirectories checked
    3. Click the icon to start recording
    4. The ImgBurn may prompt you to auto correct file systems settings - accept the proposed change. It will also prompt you for a Volume Label, where you may enter a title for the disc if you wish.
    Watch the recording process go, and after it is done you are ready to watch your Blu-ray