Thread: Why Nobody Realeses In Mpc

I am a big fan of HQ music and been using emule for the summer got about 5 gigs of MPC and even more gigs in APE format. However, now when I am on campus and the damn emule does not connect -- the only p2p I can use is Klite. ANd in Kazaa I cant find the HQ music files, nor nobody is posting hashes for them. Like for ex. all I see in Music world is 192.. And .. u know dont want to be a .. but I am just am audiophile and appreciate the good sound ... Does anybody have anyway of finding (tips) mpc of is it not shared at all in Kazaa. Hmm I would even be willing to download wavs .. later I can convert them to mpc ...

cheers.

2. Music   -   #2
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    192 isnt good enough.. well search soulseek and youll find 320 and 256.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

3. Music   -   #3
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    With all due respect, 192k, properly ripped, is the highest quality that you are going to find. Some people use OGG, but I&#39;m not impressed with any other formats. If you are an audiophile, and you want better than 192k quality, I suggest buying the CD.
    Proud member of MDS

4. Music   -   #4
    or try piolet.. supposedly all it&#39;s good for is .ogg.. i would love to use it but it wont work with my firewall configuration.

5. Music   -   #5
    Mpc is great. I guess you don&#39;t find mpc in Kazaa cause the player in Kazaa doesn&#39;t play mpc. Users may think mpc is a fake file.
    In the DC you find much of mpc.

6. Music   -   #6
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by thomig@10 September 2003 - 18:07
    Mpc is great. I guess you don&#39;t find mpc in Kazaa cause the player in Kazaa doesn&#39;t play mpc. Users may think mpc is a fake file.
    In the DC you find much of mpc.
    DC meaning Direct Connect?
    Proud member of MDS

7. Music   -   #7
    guess so.. ss is so much easier for albums.. if u dl a lot of them.

8. Music   -   #8
    Originally posted by Jibbler@10 September 2003 - 23:21

DC meaning Direct Connect?
    Yes

9. Music   -   #9
    Direct connect -- alot of mpc ?? REallyyy?? Which hub -- I hve been hunting around but did not find any hubs for mpc.

10. Music   -   #10
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Piolet&#39;s good for both mp3 and ogg, but right now the user base is still pretty small (250K or so). I prefer it
    over KL (RIAA) or SoulSeek (single-source) any time....but proliferation of tracks isn&#39;t where it needs to be yet.
    I prefer VBR mp3&#39;s, but almost every release team that&#39;s any good rips at CBR 192, 90% of the time is fine.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free