Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Usenext

Member BT Rep: +3
    I don't work for or have any financial gain from saying that I find Usenext the most efficient and reliable way of getting binaries from the newsgroups.

Can anyone recommend an alternative or have any experience of others vs Usenext?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    I find SABnzbd+ + .nzb files to be the most efficient way of getting binaries off of usenet. Damned near automated, don't need to pay the rates Usenext is charging either

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Usenext is just an indexer?

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    tusks's Avatar ¯\(°_o)/¯ BT Rep: +1
    Usenext is a usenet provider but they are horrible. Their packages are overpriced and if can remember correctly, their retention and speeds are bad. You can get a much better package from Astraweb, Giganews, or another legitimate provider.
    Last edited by tusks; 12-18-2008 at 10:52 PM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    To further this discussion, I seem to remember they had some deceptive specials and trials where users were often unable to cancel and were charged for many packages months in advance.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Ah...thanks for the info guys. I see their ads everywhere. But was unsure of what it really was. I wonder why the op thinks usenext is so great than, if it really isn't...

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Never used usenext but sounds like it maybe useful for beginners. A suitable alternative maybe Easynews. No need to understand NNTP newsreader clients just use their web interface. Personally I prefer downloading via NNTP having said that.

If usenext is full of adverts and has no easy option then use many of the great providers out there...Giganews = Best.
    Last edited by Windy72; 12-20-2008 at 09:23 PM.
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I wonder why the op thinks usenext is so great than, if it really isn't...
    Simple, he works for usenext. Who would make post starting by saying they don't work for usenext? Someone who does.

Usenext is garbage, simple as. Anyone who has been an active member of the usenet community for quite some time will know that. The only people that use it are the "newbies" that see it advertised on bittorrent sites. Ofcourse they don't know any better, so it's not really their fault.

Last edited by torrentguy; 12-21-2008 at 06:16 PM.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by torrentguy View Post
    Usenext is garbage, simple as. Anyone who has been an active member of the usenet community for quite some time will know that. The only people that use it are the "newbies" that see it advertised on bittorrent sites. Ofcourse they don't know any better, so it's not really their fault.

Maybe the mods can create a spam section for these people to post in. Anything labeled as such could be easily ignored.
    Last edited by Windy72; 12-21-2008 at 11:29 PM.
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    A couple of months ago I subscribed to an usenext account and had no problems at all...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast