Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reenabling Thebox.bz account

Aha, iChat is not an IRC client.. Thought it did everything. Never chatted or IRCed in my life. And yes, I might be able to donate a bit. But if they do not want to enable it, they do not want to, I expect. You cannot really argue with a shopowner who does not want to sell his goods. Thanks for your patience & help, everyone.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Hi,
    I get paid on the 1rst of every,then I donate money to keep my account.I don't understand anything about torrents except downloading and seeding.I download alot,I figured the easiest way to keep my ratio to your likings, is buy donating money. Which helps everyone out.I was in ratio watch I was just waiting till the 1rst to buy 20gbs or more.PLEASE if anyone can help me I would really like my account reactivated. I will immediately donate to money thebox.

Thanks so much
    Howie

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    @ nordlys: Why was your account disabled?
    Last edited by Nemrod; 08-02-2009 at 01:23 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    I was on ratio watch 7 I needed to upload 2.1 gbs,My computer is really slow seeding so I was waiting for my check and buy another 25 GBs.
    Then tonite when I went to log in and buy more Ab's my account was disabled.I have the money to get out of watch,if I was reactivated. Can you help I really enjoy this site.I rather just pay to get gb space,besides the whole torrent thing makes me dizzy.
    Thanks
    Howie

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Only choice you have is try to contact staff through their IRC channel - #thebox.bz. I don't think any of their staff hang around here.

If they do let you back in by donating and you mess it up again then you only have yourself to blame. Anyone on ratio watch gets 28 days (and ample warnings) to turn it around which is plenty of time unless you're just greedy and continue downloading.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    How do I do that,please be patient I really new at torrent using.Can you give me a link to one of the staff or IRC. I'm not greedy I rather just pay to play that's easier for me.What's wrong with plain old money isn't that what keeps this ball rolling.LOL
    Howie

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    If you don't know anything about IRC just google it or have a look here http://www.mirc.com/ and check the help section.

Otherwise you could always try signing up at UKNova.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Hi guys
    Perhaps somebody can help me as well. I had not logged into thebox.bz for a while and tried today but was told that either my password or username was invalid. I suspect they have disabled my account due to inactivity.
    I logged into their IRC channel today using chatzilla but was not really sure of the procedure. I went to both the enable channel and the support channel and asked how I could go about re-enabling my account but received no reply.

I am very new to IRC so may not have used correct commands possibly.

Can anyone give me a heads up as to the correct procedure to ask for my account to be reset?

Cheers

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    lynx's Avatar .
    Automatic pruning of accounts.

If you didn't park it, and it's been more than 38 days since you looked in than in all probability your account is gone. If it was parked and more than 112 days have elapsed then it's gone too.

The automatic bit doesn't apply if you were a donator or a power user, but you might still be gone if you had a very low ratio.

As far as I can see, this sort of removal is different from accounts being disabled. Disabled accounts can be re-enabled, pruned accounts are gone along with the associated stats.

I suppose you could just sign up again. If it lets you, then you know your account was gone. That's probably the quickest solution to try first.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    cheers lynx. Yeah, it may well be more than 38 days since I logged in. Went away for a month and a half and only just back. Had a pretty decent ratio, so it certainly wasn't that.
    Is there no way to have it reinstated?
    Not sure how to sign up again as each time I go to the website now, it takes me straight to the login page and there is nowhere I can attempt to sign up.
    cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast