Thread: Blueyonder 2mb

Like the description says, just how fast is it? is it the same as 1mb. im asking cause im thinking of upgrading my 512k broadband and i want to know if its worth £50 a month. Another small point how well does it work with kazaa (i know about the 'depends on who u are downloading from' answer) but what speed is max?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    u will just have 2 get and c my man, but it is all about who u r downloading from

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    2mb downloads 256KB/s but hangs round 260 and above if having good download speeds. The 1mb usualy hangs arround 130-140. Blueyonder i've found to be excellent service, so yeah it's worth the extra dosh. The 2mb however uploads at 30kbs same as 1mb, but i hear they will sort that out soon.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Its a shame that kazaa doesn't tell you what speed connection your downloading from like with Winmx.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by ezyryder@11 September 2003 - 01:06
    2mb downloads 256KB/s but hangs round 260 and above if having good download speeds. The 1mb usualy hangs arround 130-140. Blueyonder i've found to be excellent service, so yeah it's worth the extra dosh. The 2mb however uploads at 30kbs same as 1mb, but i hear they will sort that out soon.
    cheers, so there is abig difference between 1mb and 2mb.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    th eupload is the same as 1mb, which is 256kb, but u shoudl be able to dowload twice as fast as 1mb. the theoretical max should be 256kb/s but u may get more/less depending on ur area and ammount of other people in ur area with blueyonder, and also site dependant, at the moment the 2mb service is pretty dear, the 1mb service is only £30

edit: or it may be £35 i did hear it was coming down to £30 and the 2mb service also to come down in price, source= rat faced