Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why so many Private trackers or 0-day trackers over the net?

sanjana's Avatar Cherish your life... BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I have seen that from past 1-2year lot of Private trackers have just started and it is one of the booming industry now a days...

What is the reason behind this...for so many new trackers keep starting? R people using the bittorrent to share files over the net or it is just they want to have communities to socilize... or it can be other reasons as well.....

I felt like most of the trackers are just trying to copy the other famous trackers just they want to be like them...without putting anything new or something different from the rest....

What do you people think the reason for this growing community...?
    I am proud to be a part of this communities.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    vpg8000's Avatar Your mom's fave BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Obviously the success of the heavy hitters is attracting all of these copycats. They're hoping that the demand will still be high and that they can prosper just like TL, STC, SCC etc... Little do they now that they will not survive without creativity and imagination.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    spark's Avatar Super Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjana View Post

The war on Iraq
    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by vpg8000 View Post
    Obviously the success of the heavy hitters is attracting all of these copycats. They're hoping that the demand will still be high and that they can prosper just like TL, STC, SCC etc... Little do they now that they will not survive without creativity and imagination.
    I agree, creativity and imagination is the key, why copy someone else's work!
    I do not understand why anyone would want to take on the daunting task of starting up yet another tracker anyway.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    cibu's Avatar I gots me a seedbox BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    well for most of my friends who've opened up a private tracker ...the reason was that they wanted to be independent in running a staff and wanted to feel for themselves what's it like to be a staff leader.Anyway after a while they all gave up ...no users active and all that ish...but anyways the main reason is that it's easy and you can be the boss of others just like that.Plus if you make it and have a well known tracker you get lots of respect from others
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick.Ross @http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR2F9Km5d0w
    I’mma tell you something and don’t think that I’m weird/I eat leftover food that gets stuck in my beard

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    People want an easyish way to make money as well as the whole "power" thing.
    Last edited by puckface; 12-21-2008 at 03:54 PM.
    Go Leafs Go.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    It's better to have a lot of trackers. There's billions of people on the planet. You think everyone's going to keep using the same 10 trackers? Think again.

they didn't built Rome in one day

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    alcoholik's Avatar Drinker BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by vpg8000 View Post
    agree

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjana View Post

The war on Iraq
    i second that.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Recession, Gas prices .
    Last edited by pone44; 12-22-2008 at 11:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast