Thread: usenetnow.net....any reviews

dutchmaster420's Avatar God's Son
    they are advertising retention approaching 200days and counting unlimited speed and 20free ssl for $12month for a limited time

im currently on astraweb and they non 160 day rentention on even the most popular groups is making me think about switching for the extra dollar

anybody using this service have any feedback on it

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Not a review but you can find lots of info from the beta test of usenetnow here:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r214...Need-Some-Beta

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    It seems okay but you have to look closely to see all the information. You said in you're post that there is unlimited speed, not true, there is a speed limit of 40Mbit/s. There is also no US server, only europe.

Make sure you always check the FAQ before you post, they always contain extra info you may want to know. http://faq.usenetnow.net/
    Last edited by torrentguy; 12-22-2008 at 12:53 PM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    ^^thanks for the info...didn't realize they didnt have a us server and are a new service
    Last edited by dutchmaster420; 12-22-2008 at 10:49 PM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchmaster420o View Post
    ^^thanks for the info...didn't realize they didnt have a us server and are a new service
    I dumped astra earlier this month for usenetnow. Used them side by side for a week or so and it made my choice even easier. Retention wise they have astra beat...my fav binary groups i can grab stuff at 214 days easily. I was lucky to get completes with astra at 158 even though they advertise 160. i didnt know they were new, but i guess you gotta start somewhere. I am on a slow broadband service because I have no other options out here...but I can still max my pipe 1.5 MBits or so easily. I know others have much faster connections, but 40 MBits? I can only dream of those speeds so I am not really affected by that large speed cap...don't think many would be anyways. I know they only got one server but it serves the purpose....if you can get stuff why does it really matter where it is? I would think it would be safer having a server overseas anyways. Anyways, thats just my 2 cents take it for whats its worth...merry Christmas!

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    well i have a 30mb download speed so 10 under the 40 so that would be ok...but it says they only have server in europe so i wouldnt consider changing until they brought one to the northeast

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchmaster420 View Post
    well i have a 30mb download speed so 10 under the 40 so that would be ok...but it says they only have server in europe so i wouldnt consider changing until they brought one to the northeast
    When i signed up i didnt know there server was in europe..not sure if it woulda made a difference to me anyways...but if you are able to max your line and what not and get great retention, what reasons or benefits are there to you for having a server here in the US? I would think it would be safer anyways?