Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halo Multiplayer

CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    Ok guys I'm going to try pitbulls technique, not sure if it works or not but here it goes.

I'm in a halo lan game right now. If you don't already, make a desktop shortcut of halo and right click it and go to properties...

on the target line put this:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\halo.exe" -24.162.145.26:2249

I added the port (the :2249). If it doesnt work, then try without the port. I want to see if anyone can come connect to me. Good luck

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    Tried it with port number and without and couldn't connect to you.

3. Games   -   #3
    CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    Alright man thanks for telling me. I guess I'll just give up on it for now and wait for the official release for pc....

4. Games   -   #4
    Quoted from readme file

Place in the same folder as your Halo executable, otherwise you'll get launch errors.

Thanks to Peopls for finding the -connect shortcut line!

*****To Create a Game****  person to be connected to go into halo game and do the following
    multiplayer>create or edit gametype (or whatever)
    >select a gametype to edit, the one we just played was CTF pro
    >change the name to something else
    >set all the settings to how you wish

-for vehicles, for some reason you can't have both auto cannon and rocket warthogs in the same game, a bug maybe, also makesure you specify the vehicles for both teams)

>go back to the mp menu,
    >under create game, click LAN

-you will see a list of maps, the one we just played is at the top i think, if you select another map, and you get a message saying that a file can't be found, this means that the map is unavailable.

>select a map
    >for the gametype, change the listings to custom at the top, which should wipe the list and show the gametypes you have created
    >select your gametype
    >set up max players and start the game,
    ignore the IP there (but leave it as it is) its for a LAN game, use your ISP Client IP

Give your ISP client IP to the people you want to connect, tell them to put it in this app,(the application for download on suprnova) voila!
    This files is available at suprnova, I do not know if it works, do not like online, but thought I would share it with those that do.

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    what is it that we place in a launch folder? the shortcut we created? if so im looking to try this out so anyone interested PM me or post here.

6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by Pitbul@11 September 2003 - 06:03
    what is it that we place in a launch folder? the shortcut we created? if so im looking to try this out so anyone interested PM me or post here.
    The thing I am talking about is a made multiplayer launcher. It is a file on supronva, I wil test it with you to see if it works, but that i pretty much all I am intrested in. Checke it out on suprnova, if you think it will work PM and I will test it with ya.

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    ok here is the name of the game im hosting and the IP Oblue 108.80.168.192:2249

8. Games   -   #8
    I get a not able to join game error. When I use the port, when I do not i just loads the game normal.

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    ok can u host a game? if u can post ur IP and server name also how do u use ports?

EDIT: i spelt the server name wrong i dont know if this would have mattered but it was OBlue not Oblue i doubt it matter but just thought id mention it.

10. Games   -   #10
    You need to use your physical IP, not the server IP it gives you in game, i belive. Anyways I pm'ed you My IP and the server nameI am hosting so lets see.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast