Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seagat 160 Gb

Benno's Avatar Poster
    Is this a good deal

A Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Plus, 160GB --> http://www.it4profit.com/ecatalog/itemview...530132309684859
    for 139€?

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    found it for £112 so that looks a good deal

the only thing is that it isnt ata133, it may be worth getting an ata133 if ur mobo supports it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    You don't need ATA133. Even other drives that are rated ATA133 don't use that transfer speed. It's only the maximum the interface will allow not the drives performance.

As for the Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Plus... That is an excellent drive. It's about the quietest I have found. You can't hear it, even when defragmenting. Great for building 'silent' or 'quiet' PCs.

I don't know about that price as I don't have much of a reference being here in Canada.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    ok, ill shut up then, but it seems a good price from the prices ive found, and exchange rate, etc.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Thanks guys once again you were a great help.

And expect a bit more questions from me in the near future, i wanna upgrade my PC

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Somebody1234@11 September 2003 - 23:23
    You don't need ATA133. Even other drives that are rated ATA133 don't use that transfer speed. It's only the maximum the interface will allow not the drives performance.
    ATA133 doesn't work.
    Neither does ATA100, ATA66 or ATA33.
    In fact you'd be better off with a pencil and paper.

ABSOLUTE FUCKING BULLSHIT
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by lynx+12 September 2003 - 02:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 12 September 2003 - 02:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Somebody1234@11 September 2003 - 23:23
    You don&#39;t need ATA133. Even other drives that are rated ATA133 don&#39;t use that transfer speed. It&#39;s only the maximum the interface will allow not the drives performance.
    ATA133 doesn&#39;t work.
    Neither does ATA100, ATA66 or ATA33.
    In fact you&#39;d be better off with a pencil and paper.

ABSOLUTE FUCKING BULLSHIT [/b][/quote]
    So you mean it does make a big difference?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    Yes, it makes a difference, as long as your motherboard supports ATA133 too. But the limiting factor is probably media transfer (physically reading from/writing to disk), so the higher drive to memory transfer speeds cannot be maintained for long which is why it is also important to have a large cache.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    But the limiting factor is probably media transfer (physically reading from/writing to disk)
    So, after saying that my post was bullshit... you then post this that says the same idea as my post.

Anyway, whatever man. I would just like to say that there really wasn&#39;t any reason to say that what I posted was bullshit.

Perhaps you just didn&#39;t like the wording of my post.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    does it matter what type of hd u get? go to pricewatch.com cheapest ones out there.. much cheaper than the one ur gettign.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast