View Poll Results: Do you think FST should share IP's of Scammers/Cheaters/Sellers with tracker staff?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, get those scumbags

66 55.46%
  • No, privacy is most important

53 44.54%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think FST should share IP's of Scammers/Cheaters/Sellers?

SaviouR's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post
    While you are at it, you guys could go to their houses and arrest them, why not? Maybe dead penalty for the cheaters or Guantanamo and water boarding too, yes.
    I think someone is getting insane here, so much torrenting is getting to some people's heads.
    i couldnt agree more with you , its Hypocrisy at its best . Some are getting insane with 24/7/365 into torrenting and its community(???!!!?) with all the "z0mG-community!!" shiat and i'll-whoop-those-traders-when-i-meet-them-in-real-life" attitude . half of them "act" tough like Rambo in this forum (hey , who cant on the internet ?) hoping they will be noticed by fellow peers thinking they are a messiah or something and eventually get invited to "high l3v3l sitz0r" (to those kind of fools present in abundance here : You aint fooling anyone , your only fooling yourselves) . These fools really need to smell some fresh air outside .

Downloading illegal stuff worth millions of dollars is cool , but if a person trades an invite , he's worse than a rapist in these foolish people's eyes , heh .

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by SaviouR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post
    While you are at it, you guys could go to their houses and arrest them, why not? Maybe dead penalty for the cheaters or Guantanamo and water boarding too, yes.
    I think someone is getting insane here, so much torrenting is getting to some people's heads.
    i couldnt agree more with you , its Hypocrisy at its best . Some are getting insane with 24/7/365 into torrenting and its community(???!!!?) with all the "z0mG-community!!" shiat and i'll-whoop-those-traders-when-i-meet-them-in-real-life" attitude . half of them "act" tough like Rambo in this forum (hey , who cant on the internet ?) hoping they will be noticed by fellow peers thinking they are a messiah or something and eventually get invited to "high l3v3l sitz0r" (to those kind of fools present in abundance here : You aint fooling anyone , your only fooling yourselves) . These fools really need to smell some fresh air outside .

Downloading illegal stuff worth millions of dollars is cool , but if a person trades an invite , he's worse than a rapist in these foolish people's eyes , heh .
    A lovely if misguided speech from the rabid, with one obvious flaw............ How on earth does it actually pertain to the thread????????? We are talking here about scamming and invite selling not your personal opinion of others in the bt community. If you have an inferiority complex because you are a trader then maybe it is time to take a look at your own values, but that has zero to do with this topic.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SaviouR View Post

A lovely if misguided speech from the rabid, with one obvious flaw............ How on earth does it actually pertain to the thread????????? We are talking here about scamming and invite selling not your personal opinion of others in the bt community. If you have an inferiority complex because you are a trader then maybe it is time to take a look at your own values, but that has zero to do with this topic.
    Maybe he doesn't only trade, but only uses it as defense.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    it's not up to fst to decide what are the deadly sins on bittorrent trackers and which one of them are worth to be reported and which aren't. some trackers may think cheating is the worst, others may think giving away/trading/selling accounts compromises their security even more. they probably don't care much if traders scam each other. all this will most likely lead to a ban on the tracker.

as long as there is a trading/invite section, as long as their are hidden report and middlemen sections which main purpose is to support and protect traders, as long as you distinguish between honest and dishonest rule breakers, there won't be any serious consensus or collaboration between fst and bittorrent sites.

this board makes money. money is made with advertisment and advertisment needs members who click and see it. the more members, the more money, very simple.

as long as the invite section is the main attraction of this forum, everything will be done that members can get what they came here for: get invites to bittorrent sites regardless if site rules are broken or not.

traders, sellers, cheaters, scammers, account giveaways - what's the difference?

how can you tolerate and support one form of rule breaking and condemn the other?

trying to play tracker's advocate for what you think are the worst cases is a pathetic attempt of rehabilitation in my opinion.

fst is an independent forum with its own independent rules. it only happens to benefit from a good called tracker invites, which are a product of other sites and their rules. a company can decide wether their stocks are traded at the stock exchange. unfortunately trackers can't.

either fst repects tracker rules or is an open platform with the possibilty to join those sites in every possible way. a public invite forum and private tracker rules will never go hand in hand.

i suggest fst continues, sticks with its own rules and lets the trackers worry about theirs.

happy scamming, trading and cheating.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by polarbear
    i suggest fst continues, sticks with its own rules and lets the trackers worry about theirs.

you forgot invite selling...............
    Last edited by Artemis; 12-23-2008 at 01:13 AM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70

and giveaways...
    Go Leafs Go.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    If a person chooses to be a douche bag (especially with the sole intent on repeating their stupid actions) then they do not deserve to have their privacy respected. Kick 'em out of every community possible!

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5

and i forgot merry christmas and a happy new year.

Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post

and giveaways...
    yeah, don't worry. they're almost as bad as you.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 12-23-2008 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    There needs to be a choice made (in this hypothetical situation)

If someone breaks the rules here (scamming, cheating, selling) they should be banned from here yes no doubt. Should they be reported to trackers... no, since they did not break any tracker rules.

or.

Report these people to the trackers for violations of (for lack of a better term) "moral" shortcomings. But, if you do this, you would have to include any and all "moral shortcomings" to the trackers, these being any violations of trackers' rules (trading, selling, giveaways).

Basically, you cant have it both ways. Either be involved with the trackers or don't. There is no middle ground here.
    Last edited by puckface; 12-23-2008 at 01:37 AM.
    Go Leafs Go.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    As the question says do you think FST should share IP's of Scammers...
    how do you define scammer and what actions would justify an ip report to tracker staff?
    As I said I don't have a set list yet. This is just to get a feeling of what the members want.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast