View Poll Results: Do you think FST should share IP's of Scammers/Cheaters/Sellers with tracker staff?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, get those scumbags

66 55.46%
  • No, privacy is most important

53 44.54%
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think FST should share IP's of Scammers/Cheaters/Sellers?

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    As the question says do you think FST should share IP's of Scammers/Cheaters/Sellers? This hasn't even been discussed between staff yet and is not a possibility ATM. We do NOT share anyone's info here. I am only asking to get a general Idea of what the majority of the members think about this. Don't start with a thread war here OK guys lets act like adults. Just because you vote NO does NOT mean you yourself are a scammer/Cheater/Seller. This is an anonymous poll so no one knows how you voted. I'm going to say this again and still I know someone will miss it

We do NOT share anyone's info here. I am only asking to get a general Idea of what the majority of the members think about this.
    Last edited by Detale; 12-22-2008 at 11:09 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I think if someone is a habitual cheater and is definately not learning from his stupidity then yes i agree with sharing this info but if a member has just cheated once and realizes how stupid his actions are then i think its best not to blacklist that member.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Of course I agree 100 % I don't have to anything to add

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Yes most definitely. Those are the deadly sins of BitTorrenting and should be treated that way.

Global ban on first offense.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    hmm Ok.

Scammers = the other persons fault for trading, learn the hard way.

Sellers = you cant sell on here, so how do you know them

Cheaters = how do you know they cheat, surely thats the tracker, and if the tracker wants a global ban, they contact other trackers, not through here though.

I just dont know how this will help the "War" between FST and the trackers.

I am not very comfortable or have got the time for that matter, that if we get a cheat, to pass the details to the staff off here, i may pass it onto other trackers, because they should probably know, but why does FST have to know?

Sorry, dont see the point, unless i am missing something.

Trading is against the rules of most trackers, FST allows trading, unless you do something abotu that, which you wont in a million years, the animosity is still going to be there, doesnt matter what you dress up a perk like.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi
    Trading is against the rules of most trackers, FST allows trading, unless you do something abotu that, which you wont in a million years, the animosity is still going to be there, doesnt matter what you dress up a perk like.
    <3

listen to this man

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Do you think FST should share IP's of Scammers/Cheaters/Sellers?
    No I don't. It's not our job to police the bittorrent "community". This is a forum where people come to chat or whatever.

Enforcing their own rules is the job of the trackers in question.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Is it your job to protect them then? Because sometimes it seems that way.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    Is it your job to protect them then? Because sometimes it seems that way.
    No it's my job to moderate the posts on this forum and this forum alone.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    The ones that are proven to cheat on other trackers? Sure. I think it's ok to give their ip's to other trackers. Only because if they'll cheat on one tracker, what will stop them from cheating on another? So I'm all for that.

As for the scammers. You're talking about the traders that will scam other members out of their invites, right? That I'm a little on the fence about that. They're not doing anything directly towards the tracker(yes, I know that trading is against most trackers rules, and that trading can bring in the wrong type of people into the tracker, but we're talking about scamming...not the actual trading of invites). They're doing something towards a member of the tracker. These are two traders interacting. If one of them gets scammed, then that person definitley has gotten what he deserves.

So for that I really don't know. I would say yes, give their ip's too, just because only douchebags scam others out of their invites. But this would really be the FST staffs call. But for the cheaters, definitely give up their ip's to other trackers(only once they're are proven to have cheated).

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast