Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Bitdefender vs Nod32

i too have used bitdefender tool security 2009, its good. Bitdefender is No.1 Antivirus in top 10, Kaspersky being the 2nd

2. Software & Hardware   -   #62
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by staticzip View Post
    i too have used bitdefender tool security 2009, its good. Bitdefender is No.1 Antivirus in top 10, Kaspersky being the 2nd
    What rating table are you drooling over ? Look at the over all picture and use a full security suite then judge . Bit is rated 3 th on some sites . Norton rated better . Do these so called experts actually use the fucking programs ?

This year's version of BitDefender gets middle-of-the-road ratings. PC Magazine gives it a respectable but unspectacular 3 stars, with "decent performance" and a few extra features including online backup and remote configuration. BitDefender Internet Security 2009info (*Est. $30) and BitDefender Total Security 2009info (*Est. $50) are basically the same program but the latter adds maintenance and backup software.

http://www.consumersearch.com/antivi...ecurity-suites
    Last edited by peat moss; 04-30-2009 at 02:51 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #63
    MODERATION
    Nod32 is pretty good.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #64
    lynx's Avatar .
    Symantec Endpoint Protection (the business version of NIS) started off fairly good last year, but since then the performance hit on the systems I maintain has got steadily worse.

I've no reason to believe that this year's offering will be any better, considering they are making exactly the same claims now as they did 12 months ago.

Consequently I'm currently in the process of uninstalling this crap from about 50 systems, and believe me it's a nightmare. Bits are often left installed, and twice I've had to resort to a manual uninstall of registry entries, drivers etc, and I've only done about a dozen so far. I might have been able to do the uninstalls with the management tool, but that crapped out too and also had to be manually uninstalled.

So now it is over to Eset. Now that I've figured out their management tools, Nod32 V4 is a breeze to install and configure.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #65
    Frankthetank1's Avatar Über User BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I have nod and it works great never tried bitdefender but the torrent community seems to like nod better
    “Just because you’re miserable doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your life.”

DO NOT RANDOMLY PM ME ASKING FOR INVITES!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567