Thread: seedbox

I just recently got a seedbox my question is do I need to map my ports on my router for the seedbox to report back to the tracker properly? The reason i ask is iam a member of 2 diffrent sites and for some reason site A says im connectable on port 49209 but site B says im connectable on port 49246. I dont see how that can be as iam only using 1 seedbox.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bug View Post
    I just recently got a seedbox my question is do I need to map my ports on my router for the seedbox to report back to the tracker properly? The reason i ask is iam a member of 2 diffrent sites and for some reason site A says im connectable on port 49209 but site B says im connectable on port 49246. I dont see how that can be as iam only using 1 seedbox.
    If you don't have a firewall, all your ports will be open hence connectable

EDIT: or maybe you're using upnp
    Last edited by slacker; 12-30-2008 at 05:41 PM.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I understand that but why is 2 diffrent trackers reporting 2 diffrent ports opened for the seedbox?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bug View Post
    I understand that but why is 2 diffrent trackers reporting 2 diffrent ports opened for the seedbox?
    The only thing I can think of is that you have an option like "choose random port". And each time you start the client, the port changes. Other than than I don't know.