Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Daredevil Better Than Spiderman

Poster
    It sounds like you have a lot of "ideas"(not too many of them good). Most of those movies are agreed by most critics to be THE most over-rated movies of all time. Do you sniff a lot of glue?
    the reason everyone had shit eating grins on their faces when they came out of harry potter wasn't cuz they enjoyed it. Most parents never read the books and couldn't relate to it, and the others were five years old and were smiling cause they just got popcorn and a coke.
    Anyone who went to see the movie (aptly named) "Titanic" is too embarassed to admit they spent money on it.
    It's a good thing most StarWars fans have those hooded robes and no friends,it made it easier for them to go into hiding after the crapfest phantom menace came out(also aptly named I might add).
    Also I have enjoyed episodes of the 70's spider man cartoon more than the rainbow colored power ranger style bomb that Sam Raimi crammed up marvel fans corn chutes. Just because a movie is acceptable and people aren't demanding their money back doesn't mean it was GOOD.
    Oh and by the way Kreskin tell me what my age is from my post.

2. Movies & TV   -   #52
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    As I said before if a movie is total crap as you say, word will spread that it is crap and folks won't go the theatre THAT much. You can fool some but not THAT many. Just like the movie Sixth Sense. It did well because some people saw it and word of mouth made more people see it. That's how I saw it.

and again

YOU didn't like it but don't tell me that most of the MASSIVE audience that saw didn't. You've got your opinion and the masses have theirs.

Point being TOP movies are their for a reason and it ain't just marketing or hype.

Oh by the way FUCK the critics. If watched only what critics liked all the time I would barely see a good movie. Hey I saw Titanic at the theatre only because my girlfriend wanted to see it and fell asleep on the middle hour. I woke up when the ship hit the iceberg and the last hour WAS good. But I see why it's #1 also even though to me it's chick or elderly person movie.

College student
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Movies & TV   -   #53
    Poster
    So what you are saying is that a movie that you fell asleep during deserves to be the highest grossing movie of all time. Sounds logical. If the word logical has changed it's meaning to be exactly the opposite of the one it currently holds in the dictionary. Basically "titanic" (a movie you didn't even want to see) that had reviews and "word of mouth" from critics and movie goers alike that it was scuz, deserves it's top place because it was all hype(aimed at your girlfriend or not). You just contradicted yourself more times than any human being has ever in such a short space. I am not a college kid who thinks he is smarter than you because he has been to a few film classes. I am just an average guy who knows he is smarter than you period.

PS. without critics praise, Sixth Sense (which you keep going on about) would not have grossed as much as it did.

4. Movies & TV   -   #54
    If they spend enough money on it, people will go and see it. IMO 2 movies have proved this beyond all reasonable doubt
    1) Titanic
    2) Waterworld

Both are complete and utter rubbish and many, many people were disappointed by what they paid for.

Good movies will naturally rise to the top of the heap, however, expensive movies will get nailed to the top.

5. Movies & TV   -   #55
    Poster
    tell it like it is

6. Movies & TV   -   #56
    Hey smartass Grimlocked on my nuts

1. I fell asleep at the MOVIE theatre. Since then it has been on DVD AND CABLE. And I've seen it since then.
    2. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise just because it's not MY type of movie. I like comedies, action, and horror. I don't like to go movies for dramas as much. I want to be wowed. So no I didn't WANT to see it. But I see why it did well. It was a good movie.
    3. I also fell asleep on Die Hard With A Vengeance (at the theatre). I saw it in it's entirety later and it was good. Is it logical to say because I fell asleep at the movie theatre that I don't think it should have done well. No. I means I was tired dipshit.
    4. If you paid attention regarding the Sixth Sense (which I kept going on about), The 2, yes 2 times it was mentioned it was copied and pasted. It's the exact same statements so pay attention when your're in school, boy.
    5. Most people don't even hear what critics have to say. Yes critics saying a movie is good can make movie make more money even if it's just one person. But most moviegoers either see the trailer or someone else told them the movie was good. SO FUCK CRITICS.

also lookup what contradiction means before using it in a sentence
    Spiderman was horrible. Spiderman was good.
    That's a contradiction.

By the way ilw,
    Titanic is the top movie of all time. A lot of money was spent on it.
    Uhhh where the fuck is Waterworld. A lot of money was spent on it.

Good movies will naturally rise to the top of the heap, however, expensive movies will get nailed to the top
    Then where's Waterworld. It's not even in the top 200 movies. So not THAT many people

I just put a quote from ilw, Grimlock.

Don't forget to cosign again.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Movies & TV   -   #57
    Poster
    First of all it would be contradictory to your family tree to say that you aren't an in-bred idiot.

Secondly you are defending "titanic". Calling one of the most overhyped money making monstrosities of our time a good movie.
    For those two reasons alone you should be told to sit down shut your noise tube and let someone with a brain talk for a while.

Thirdly 'diehard with a vengeance" was hardly an all time classical cinematic experience.

Fourth on the list this statement is not copied and pasted. That's right I actually took the time to think up an entirely original thought just for this post(be amazed).

Lastly critics are heard by a fuck of a lot more people than your ignorrant ass is. Besides who gives two shits about critics. I am not defending them as knowing anything about jack squat(just knowing quite a bit more about movies than you)

con.tra.dic.tion

- inconsistency or discrepency (ie. Saying that you liked Titanic and then perpetrating that you have any taste or a brain at all.) ok dipshit?

Ps. it is also contradictory for you to say you have nuts.

8. Movies & TV   -   #58
    Originally posted by Busyman@13 September 2003 - 18:19
    Name 1 in the top 5. Name 1 in the top 30 for that matter.
    Spiderman is in the top ten of all time (even though that's partly due to inflation).
    Daredevil probably isn't in the top 50.
    I made the last statement about fooling the masses because I knew one of you would say what you said.
    I understand bad movies make money but.... the TOP movies made the cash for good reasons.... they were good fucking movies.
    You know not what you are talking about.
    You must be talking about the UK because you can't be talking about the USA.
    Hey, shut the f*ck up you moron!!! You don't know what you are talking about!

Wasn't this stupid topic supposed to be about how crappy Spiderman and Daredevil are?

9. Movies & TV   -   #59
    are you always angry??

Its funny how people reply to "stupid" topics. If its so stupid, dont reply.
    B)

10. Movies & TV   -   #60
    Overhyped yes. Horrible movie no.
    It's your fucking opinion dumb fuck, not mine.
    Regarding Die Hard I didn't say it was a classical cinematic exprience. I said it was a good movie. Pay attention.
    Copied and pasted not going on and on. Pay attention
    I didn't say it's BEST movie of all time. "Defending" Titanic; please. I said I see why it did well. Step outside your cardboard box. If you can't understand that then back to school. OH my bad your're still in school. Pay attention.

And AngryBitch what is it that I don't know -(what the fuck I'm talking about)
    Chiming in and shit with nothing. Stay angry and pissed but I'm time enough for you.

The movies that you guys say are shit AND are at the top of the box office, MOST OF THE FUCKING PEOPLE WHO SAW THEM LIKED IT. (HYPE OR NOT)

Grimlock you say your're smarter than I am but you backed up ilw and his bullshit.
    Critics don't know more than I do. Why?
    Because I like what I fucking like. Sit down.
    I also liked Don't Be A Menace. Now that's a cinematic experience.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast